Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its a f*#$%/& piece of paper Updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 419 Replies
7 moms liked this
I don't need a piece of paper to say I'm married to someone to be in love with them and want to stay with them forever!!!! I'm tired of people saying that those who aren't married but have kids are stupid!!! So guess what f#$% you!!!!

UPDATE

I can have a vow ceremony without being legally bonded and have to worry about all the problems married people do if they get a divorce we have a list of what we bought and if we break up that's what we taken... if we bought something together we agreed to sell it and split the money if noone wants it or we both want it.... try again ladies!!!!

I have medical decisions when it comes to my s/o being in the hospital...

He isn't the one that doesn't wanna get married its me... he proposed but I DONT want to end up like my mom so I want to make sure 100% that he is serious... also I'm in his will and vice versa ... I've been his best friend since Aug. 2010 and his gf since 2/3/12 .... he proposed around Thanksgiving .... y'all jump to conclusion too fast!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
10 moms liked this

you care a tad bit to much about what people think

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM
22 moms liked this
Well I'm tired of people like you saying it's "just a piece of paper". Who gives a fuck as long as we're happy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
22 moms liked this

Well....

if you're able to make the commitment to have kids, why aren't you willing to commit to marriage?

Pnukey
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
38 moms liked this

You sound bitter about not being able to acquire said piece of paper.

Telo319
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's a natural progression of life. People probably aren't trying to be rude, they just want you to be married because it's the norm.
A_McCool
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
31 moms liked this

I don't get the "just a piece of paper" argument.  If you don't want to get married, that is fine; however, there are quite a few pieces of paper that are rather important (title to car, deed to house, medical records, etc.) so saying it is "just a piece of paper" doesn't really invalidate it.

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Whelp, sounds like you're a tad upset.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
17 moms liked this
My marriage is more than a "piece of paper".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight91
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
6 moms liked this

My marriage is a lot more then just a piece of paper.

Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Well okay then... good for you. I happen to like the little piece of paper that makes us legally married. But My marriage is more than that piece of paper.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)