Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

!!UPDATE!! **PROOF** I'm going to be homeless in 10 days *ETA!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 351 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are being evicted for nonpayment. We have until the 30th to be out. We have no money and no place to go. I'm so scared. We have 4 children :(****ETA: Thank you for all the kind words and advice. I have already started contacting people and organizations to get help. I greatly appreciate the help from you ladies. This is a very difficult time in my life. Struggling financially puts a strain on everything. I do not appreciate the few of you attacking me when I already feel the world is falling down around me. When people come on here looking for advice and you can't give any, you should probably just find a different thread to stir up drama in. I wasn't looking for drama. I couldn't be on BC because I have a blood clotting disorder and ended up with a pulmonary embolism after 3 weeks of starting NuvaRing. I almost died, had a 30% chance to live. I had one more baby since that PE and got my tubes tied knowing I was done. But thanks for your concern regarding my children. I hope we can get through this quickly. I want nothing more than to provide for my family and have a successful life. ***If you are receiving personal messages asking for help, money, shelter or anything... it is not me!!! Please do not fall for that person. Sad that they feel it's OK to do such a thing. Thanks again.

*****He delivered it on the 12th:

!!!!Update 6/21!!!!
I learned that an eviction is a 25 day notice. But he didn't evict me. His letter clearly states that it was a lease termination. A lease termination by law has to have a 60 day notice! However, after talking with someone who strictly deals with tenant/landlord issues, she informed me that if we wanted to fight the 60 day notice issue, he could take us to court for an actual eviction and that would reflect negatively on our rental history. She said he in turn did us a favor by asking us to leave because there will be no repercussions against us making it easier to find a new place in the next month or two. As for a place to stay in the meantime... I did have family that originally said no because they only have 1 room available for the 6 of us to stay in. But they have since changed their minds and we are going to stay for no longer than 3 months. We will save up our earned money until we move and keep adding to our savings for future security. We are very blessed. Although not ideal, it's still shelter :) Thank you everyone... Your help was greatly appreciated.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Just wanted to share because I feel like I have nobody to turn to.
momof4in29
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:35 AM
4 moms liked this
Apply for emergency assistance and I know some welfare office will pay for a hotel for up to two weeks and help you find housing
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Have you applied for any assistance programs? There are many out there that can help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
The waiting list for housing in my area is 2.5-3 years. I've really been struggling for years and can't seem to catch a break.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM
What state are you in?
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM

*hugs*

Amybelle
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Family, Friends, Boss, Church, 

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM
What state are you in?
Amybelle
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
6 moms liked this

Sorry, but I have to ask....How do you get 10 days away from being homeless with no plan?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

=( What happened?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)