Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh got an aggravated Dui and 5 counts of child endangerment! *Eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies
Dh has his medical marijuana card. He only smokes outside of the home (or the edibles) at a friends.
We were driving home from his cousins house
after he worked all day at his job, then worked on a block wall for his cousin. He was trying to pass a kidney stone and was peeing blood for days. We got pulled over and immediately were questioned about having drank or smoked. (Which he hadn't for about two days or he most definitely would NOT have been driving, even if we were only a half a mile from home) He passed the sobriety tests but because he had "tremors" they took him in and drew his blood. Because it was obviously in his system, it is a DUI, and because the kids were in the vehicle, its a felony, along with the child endangerment charges.
He is a great father, and provider. The only source of income we have. He's looking at a year in prison per child. :( I am scared. He truly was not impaired in any way.
Anyone experienced anything like this before?

Eta: he hasn't actually been charged yet. They are waiting for the blood test results. That is what they said he is facing.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyingHottie
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM
4 moms liked this

If he has his card there should be no issues, plus dr note about kidney stone

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM

What was in his system? Alcohol or pot?

Shy_Dia
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
3 moms liked this

thats be crazy if he actually gets charged. get the kidney note, get the medical card and you guys should be okay. i hope your DH feels better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Pot

Quoting ROBIN-C:

What was in his system? Alcohol or pot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Thank you. He still hasnt passed it yet and its been almost 4 weeks. I feel.so bad for him. I'm sure cps will be paying us a visit. That is the least of my worries, though. They will see that my children are perfectly fine and have all they need and more. This is just so embarassing. They pulled us over right in front our home

Quoting Shy_Dia:

thats be crazy if he actually gets charged. get the kidney note, get the medical card and you guys should be okay. i hope your DH feels better!

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I know of someone who used to run a home daycare. She was wasted one morning and started dropping kids off at their schools. A mother smelled alcohol on her and called the cops. They picked her up in the parking lot of the next school. She got the same thing. She is currently on probation and is not allowed to run a daycare but she didn't get any jail time. She just recently went to her probation office drunk and spent the weekend in detox.

I feel so bad for her kids. They are suffering. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Anyway, if its his first offense I wouldn't be too worried about jail time. Good luck. I can't imagine how stressful that would be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Thanks! Makes me feel a little better. :)

Quoting yayay15:

I know of someone who used to run a home daycare. She was wasted one morning and started dropping kids off at their schools. A mother smelled alcohol on her and called the cops. They picked her up in the parking lot of the next school. She got the same thing. She is currently on probation and is not allowed to run a daycare but she didn't get any jail time. She just recently went to her probation office drunk and spent the weekend in detox.

I feel so bad for her kids. They are suffering. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Anyway, if its his first offense I wouldn't be too worried about jail time. Good luck. I can't imagine how stressful that would be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM

What state did this happen in?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM

well I know I feel a little more SAFE and COMFORTABLE having people behind the wheel under the influence of weed, especially when I have children in the car or they are driving with children in the car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Az

Quoting Anonymous:

What state did this happen in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)