Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Roaches!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
So out of nowhere there are roaches all over my house! I have no idea where they came from but it's disgusting! I keep my house clean. Dishes are washed as soon as we are done eating, there's not trash laying around. My house is clean but for the last few weeks I have noticed the roaches. It has gotten to the point that they are even in our beds! I have bombed twice now and I have been spraying Raid on them when I see them. I have laid out roach hotels like everywhere. But they seem to be getting worse. What can I do? The only thing that I can think of where they are coming from is the store next door or from one of the neighbors. A few weeks ago the Orkin truck was at my neighbors house and now I have all these roaches. :/ Help!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mlp_chick
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:59 AM

i will die =(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Do you live in your own house/apartment or in an apartment complex?

cat405
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM
You're screwed sadly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I rent this house. I spoke with the landlord and he said that he can have a professional come and spray once a month but that he will have to start charging me more rent every month.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I was told by my exterminator that a roach can survive a NUCLEAR BLAST. I was like wtf!!! He also said they can live on a food source the size of a straight pin head. Tiny amounts. 

So I would get an exterminator out and have them asses the situation and they should be able to tell you whether or not they can just bait the house or if it needs to be tented. Baiting the house isn't just a spray it is a gel. Also they say that when you spray the house with the chemicals, you aren't suppose to clean with heavy household chemicals for several hours afterwards because it takes the strenght out of them.

I hope this helps a little

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Look for their nest. Im in Seattle and never had roaches or knew anyone with roaches. When I moved to other parts of the country ilearned what a headache the were. In Indiana I found a nest in between a wall and a mirror. Kill them at the nest and put those black raid discs on the floor.
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I am seriously freaked out by your post and unsure why I even opened this because just reading it made me feel all creeped out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM

That makes no sense unless you live like a pig.. the landlord has to maintain the property.  If you're getting them from your neighbor then that's not your fault obviously 

Quoting Anonymous:

I rent this house. I spoke with the landlord and he said that he can have a professional come and spray once a month but that he will have to start charging me more rent every month.
Quoting Anonymous:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Blitzkreig the fuck out of them.

hazel1922
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
When a house get bombed the surviving roaches move on to the next house. I know from experience. When you bomb, do it every two to three weeks. When that's done buy boric acid. They sell it at the dollar stores. its a powder. You lay it around the corners and and where you see them the most. This takes longer because the roaches eat it. It takes about a week for you to see it working. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN