Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone talk me out of becoming britney spears.

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 16 Replies

and shaving my head........

So I am a mother on a budge, and a "friend" who is in hair school said she would do my hair at the school and it's pretty cheap. around $40 for a cut/color and blowout. Okay, that's really cheap but I guess I forgot that you get what you pay for.

My hair is ruined.
i've been having my hair bleached for a long time, it's always been pretty healthy for being bleached, never breaks off, doesn't feel like straw and I use the right conditioner to make it healthy and I only dye the regrowth. ( I like my hair to be the lightest blonde)

My roots got a little out of control, I havent dyed my hair since august of last year and my hair doesn't really grow that fast, but still had some pretty long roots (a little past my eyebrows)

This is how I left the hair school.

This is like orange and gold with missed pieces of my real hair color.

Everyone that worked at the school kept telling me that it looked good. That it looked "ombre" with the "darker blonde" on top. NO ITS ORANGE!
They think THIS looks good?

are you kidding me?! So I currently keep my hair wrapped up and covered and I have an appointment this weekend at a GOOD salon to fix this mess.

And I've learned my lesson. ;(

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petamarie
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM

One good thing about a bad hairdresser is their mistakes will grow out.... One of my dads sayings after a youthful  indiscretion. A  friend conviced me she could color my hair '' just like a professional''. l wanted to gouge her eyes out with a pair of sicsors......

MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I'm just so stressed out already, and I have two toddlers and need to figure out how I'm going to get to the salon with two toddlers and can't find anyone to watch them so It looks like I may not make it.

my hair looks like the color of pee.

Quoting petamarie:

One good thing about a bad hairdresser is their mistakes will grow out.... One of my dads sayings after a youthful  indiscretion. A  friend conviced me she could color my hair '' just like a professional''. l wanted to gouge her eyes out with a pair of sicsors......

seegrace
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM

AWW!  Try to stay positive and DO NOT shave your head :)  Hair color is usually easy to fix. 

Be thankful you didn't go for like jet black or something.. I did that once on a whim and it took 5 hours and about $400 to fix!  Holy nightmare! 

Maybe wait a week or two and then do an at-home box dye for the time being to at least make it all one color.  Then save up and get it done professionally in a few months.

happysnappy
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM

at least your hair is still long.  you can get it fixed.  I have to let mine grow because I got it cut really short and it didn't even want it short.  my hair is seriously screwed up. lol

LOVEZOEY
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I know you like blonde, but i would go to the drug store and buy a box of brown hair dye and cover that shit up

petamarie
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hugs, l'm not sure what you have in mind, but try and resist the urge to cut it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Poor thing! 

Maybe it's time you changed your color preference and went to something closer to your natural shade? I'm fairly certain that is what you're going to be suggested to do at the "good" salon, there is no way they're going to re-bleach that mess, it's going to cause more damage! 

Good luck! 

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I botched my own hair once.  Used the Herbal Essences hair dye and it turned my hair bright orange.  I tried to dye it again with a dark brown and it didn't work.  I ended up going to a salon where the lady dyed my hair with a brown again and then put blonde highlights in it.  It turned out beautiful - reddish brown with red, brown and blonde streaks.  I'd love to have that look again, just not the way it happened lol.

MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM

My hair that is very light, almost white blonde, won't take any color because of how light it is. So the box would only dye my roots and that would look even worse!

Quoting LOVEZOEY:

I know you like blonde, but i would go to the drug store and buy a box of brown hair dye and cover that shit up

LOVEZOEY
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

oh damn. wear a hat? lol

Quoting MJuliet:

My hair that is very light, almost white blonde, won't take any color because of how light it is. So the box would only dye my roots and that would look even worse!

Quoting LOVEZOEY:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)