Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs- Does your DH/SO....

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 82 Replies

help out with the kids when he's not at work? What about housework? For us, DH splits parenting duties with me when he's home, and takes care of all the yardwork on the weekends. I do all the other housework, though DH will occasionally do a load or two of laundry.  I see a lot of posts/comments on CM about dads who don't help with ANYTHING just because the moms are at home (either because the dads refuse or the moms don't expect them to). Does your current routine work for you or do you wish it were different? Just curious.

THIS IS NOT A SAHM VS WORKING MOM POST SO PLEASE DON'T TURN IT INTO ONE! No mommy wars drama please!

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Its pretty much the same for us. He's really hands on with the kids when he's home. I still do pretty much all of the housework, mostly just because I like the way I do it, and I do it all during the day so we can just have family time when he's home. He does do pretty much all of the yardwork, but aside from that I try to do a big cleaning on Mondays and Fridays so that there's not much to do on the weekends. I'm happy with the arrangement, I'd much rather us spend his time off together as a family than cleaning and stuff!

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I was a sahm with my xh

He did nothing to help, even when he lost his job and was home all day too. But he was an ass
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My husband devotes most of his time at home to our son. My house is my responsibility. I do not require his help. If I did Im sure he wouldnt mind. 

Photo: -Randi.

piercedbeauty21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

As soon as Dh comes home from work, he's all about spending time with Dd. It's nice because it gives me a chance to touch up on a few things, that I might have not gotten to during the day. On the weekends, I get a HUGE break. Dh will make breakfast for everybody, then normally take Dd somewhere to give me some down time. As for cleaning, Dh cleans up after himself (for the most part). I made it loud in clear that I'm NOT his maid, or his Mother, and I'm not picking up behind a grown man. He does attempt to help me with the housework, but I rather do it myself lol. He doesn't clean the way I do, so I feel like I'm constantly going behind him to re-clean something. I'm currently pregnant with our second child, so he's been really good about stepping up and doing more than what he use to do.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My DH helps out with the kids and house work. He likes to do laundry and he loves spending some time with the kids after work. Makes it nice that I can cook without having distractions from the kids. He takes care of the yard work too.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is a big help with the kids and house work.

I do all of the house work and kid stuff when he is at work.. and when he comes home he helps.

I would never marry a lazy, selfish man who thought he didn't have to take care of himself, his home or his children just because he has a job.

Before we had children, I also worked. And we both did house work and yard work. Why would that change now that we have kids?

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
He does help with the girls but not housework unless asked but that is by my choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babymama7710
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Yes he does he also helps cook dinner,clean up the house,and anything else tha needs to get done.and I don't even need to ask him

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
He's a good guy and helps with everything. The kids like to go with him to work in the garden.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM

He does help with the kids. He wanted them and helped make them too, and I would expect him to be a father to them no matter what. As far as household chores, when I worked, we split them. Now that I don't, I don't expect him to do anything, but sometimes he will help . The only thing he does is the yard work, and that is fine with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)