Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is the teacher lacking judgement?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

My dd is in an after school dance class.  They've been working all year long and they have their show this afternoon.  These are 5th grade girls and boys.  (mostly girls a few boys)  We got the dress code for the show this week.  The girls have to wear black leggins and a white tank top.  A few of the girls its not a problem.  however for a number of the girls wearing just leggins and a tank top is a serious problem.  Especially for the Muslim girls.  If they don't wear the outfit they can't dance today.  I know of at least one girl who is sneaking the outfit to school so that she can dance today and Mom is probably gonna flip a lid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

No the teacher is not lacking judgment. It is common in dance to have an outfit that shows your form when you move...most are way skimpier that that. Don't join an activity were your religion or embarrassment does not allow you to participate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
They shouldn't be forced to wear something that goes against what they believe is appropriate. My daughter very rarely wears tank tops and she does not wear leggings without a skirt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No the teacher is not lacking judgment. It is common in dance to have an outfit that shows your form when you move...most are way skimpier that that. Don't join an activity were your religion or embarrassment does not allow you to participate.

I forgot to mention that in the previous dances girls wore leggins with skirts or dresses.  as well as T-shirts.  They are doing like spanish ball room dancing.

happysnappy
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM

personally I wouldn't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)