Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Touchy, touchy!

No you stfu! It is a question. NOT ABOUT YOU!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am on prozac and my kids are still alive because of it. Stfu.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM

If you realize that you have a medical problem, ANY medical problem, and seek help for yourself I believe that you're making a GOOD choice as a parent. You've detected the problem and you're making a conscious effort to fix it. Now, if you start using illegal substances to control the problem, refuse to see a physician, and/or misuse prescription meds I judge. Why? Because you don't diagnose and treat yourself without any medical aid when you're mentally ill. That isn't how it works. In some cases of divorce and child custody judges have looked favorably on parents for seeking medical attention for their mental illnesses. Putting forth the effort to treat your medical problem looks MUCH better than doing nothing or trying to fix the problem yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Bump for poll
skyelyns_mommie
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Disagree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM
U
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
M
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
P
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM

if the mother truly needs them and they are prescribed, I would say it makes them a better mother. the pills help even the mother out and they can be there for their babies.

angelmine2011
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I think that if you don't take care of your mental health as well as you physical health then you are a bad parent.  A child needs a happy healthy parent. Now I know some have illness that they have to live with but if you are controlling it to the best of you and your doctors ability then you are taking care of yourself and parents need to remember that they have needs as much as a child does and need to take the time for themselves some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN