Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (401-410):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Omg! Have you ever taken a xanax?

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuana changes your state of mind and affects decision making.  It doesn't JUST relax you.  That's the difference between other prescription anxiety medications.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
No.

I am known for being an advocate for weed. I don't think I will begin to kiss anyone's ass to epease small minded individuals.

Quoting Anonymous:

What the fuck do you people not understand about pot bring illegal!? The problem most people have is it being illegal. Do it legally then post this shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I can't aska mother fucking question?

I feel bad for the touchy dumbasses...

Quoting devildogtigress:

So Zoloft makes me a bad parent? I beg to differ, and my kids would agree: I'm a BETTER parent because of it. I'm calmer, and able to act instead of react....and things like the financial stresses don't effect me as much leaving me free to just love my children and being a fun Mommy.

I just can't see how you can ask this....and neither can most people here either it seems....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I am sorry you are so stupid!!

It was a question bitch!

Quoting LauraBelle9812:

Screw you bitch
Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Ok, here is my issue.
I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.
Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.
In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.
I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.
If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse
The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.
I worked mental health.
My husband works substance abuse.
I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I asked a damned question inthe title and asked if you agreed or not. How the fuck did I judge anyone.??

Quoting partingwhisp853:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

yes you damned well did judge any parent who takes meds for anxiety as being bad parents. nice attempt at a back peddle. you bashed al right. you are the ass

Anonymous
by Anonymous 65 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I understand but weed isnt the long term answer. Eventually causes the noids. Parinoids. Be aware of that. You may need to talk to a therapist who could help. Awareness of the causes really helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I didn't smoke as a young child. I have had anxiety since a small child and didn't try weed until 15.

Quoting Anonymous:

The marijuana is what could be causing your anxiety. See a counselor if you dont like medication. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Again, I, haven't gone into great detail about medical interventions,, it is not needed.

Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.

Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.

In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.

I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.

If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse

The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.

I worked mental health.

My husband works substance abuse.

I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Nice propaganda myth!

No thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand but weed isnt the long term answer. Eventually causes the noids. Parinoids. Be aware of that. You may need to talk to a therapist who could help. Awareness of the causes really helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I didn't smoke as a young child. I have had anxiety since a small child and didn't try weed until 15.

Quoting Anonymous:

The marijuana is what could be causing your anxiety. See a counselor if you dont like medication. Good luck.
AmosFarkle
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN