Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Doesn't matter to me either way. I choose not to take them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Bump for edit
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Legal drugs, no problem. Illegal, not so smart. Not because of what mj does, but because it can land you in jail, you could lose your job (if you have one that tests), etc.
Toxic.Stardust
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

disagree. and if it was marijuanna my opinion would not change if it was legal

snowflower902
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Bud is the best thing you can't compare them.............
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the dumbest thing I have read all day. I guess you are assuming that all anti anxiety medications alter your mental state, as a narcotic would. Wrong. There are some that dont at all, and there are some like Klonopin and Xanax that do, BUT they dont have that effect on everyone. I personally take Klonopin as needed and it does not get me "high". It simply takes me from the state of panic, fear, and the horrible feelings of anxiety and allows me to continue my day as I felt if I didnt have a panic attack. I can work, drive, and supervise my kids while taking the medication.

And to answer you question about MJ. No I wouldnt think it would make someone a bad parent. I myself do not smoke, but in all honesty I am all for both recreational and medicinal use. Id rahter be able to smoke than to drink. Being that it is not legal for recreational purposes.... I do not smoke. Though I hope one day it is legal.

alf2651
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Disagree.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Agree. People need to grow the hell up when they have kids. All these bullshit anxiety and depression is what you chose for yourself. Be proactive, be positive, and change your life. It's in your hands.

people would rather stay miserable in their mind and take meds and everything else than just change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)