Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (421-430):
lucysmommy69
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

as long as you can function adn be responsible, then ok. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Well you know I call it like I see it.
I worked mental health for years.
In my state it came to be passed that if you were claiming ssi/disability on a mental illness you have to prove your getting treatment for it.
They (the patients) didn't like that because dds asks for a dr statement as to rather or not the patient should be able to work or not. 75% of the time the dr says "yes they should be able to work"
Then the patient often times gets denied.
I had a lady once come in and told me DDS wanted her records and the doctor to fill this questionnaire out. I said sure to sign a release of info out and she said "well what if I don't want them to have my records"
I informed her with out the release hipa binds the office to not even admit she is a patient.
She said "ok don't send it then"
A month later she came in screaming about being denied disability bc we didn't send what they needed.
The doctor released her from care on the grounds she had threatened staff,
Shortly thereafter she sent her boyfriend. ALSO a patient, being treated for substance abuse and anxiety also on disability, to beg us to take her back.
The doctor came out and told him in no uncertain terms, if he didn't turn around and leave he would be joining her. He wouldn't have a doctor, and would lose his disability.
He apologized and left in a hurry.
I just don't get some people.
Self entitlement in this country is becoming an issue.
Now, I am not bashing any one who truly NEEDS it.
I am on disability because I fell and cracked two vertebrae in my back. I am unable to stand for long periods of time or walk much.
I am also hoping it will be temporary.
I have an upcoming surgery that will determine that.
But it pisses me off, to no end. I go into the welfare office to get my quarterly paperwork done and am treated like some scum just sucking up the system that I worked for twenty years to help fund.
Maybe she has true anxiety problems, but if she does, pot is NOT the long term answer.
And for the record.
I am all for drug testing at the welfare office.
It's almost been passed here a few times but missed a vote or two. They said it would be a three strike system and you needed to prove you were either clean, or in treatment.
Bash that any one who wants to
[steps down off my soapbox]

Quoting Anonymous:

Id be willing to put money on it. Chances are though, she will deny it now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then, perhaps you need to take your anti-amarica butt to a third world country where you can smoke all you want and be raped daily by your providers ect in a world with out a government.

My guess is your also trying to suck up disability or ssi welfare and food stamps instead of actually GETTING HELP.

Yes! YOU are the one making the rest of us look bad.

So put THAT in your hooka and smoke it.

If you have "major anxiety issues" you DO need medical intervention.

And yes. I am sure the toxins in Weed are soooo much better for your health then say, ohhh regulated buspar

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, I, haven't gone into great detail about medical interventions,, it is not needed.

Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.

Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.

In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.

I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.

If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse

The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.

I worked mental health.

My husband works substance abuse.

I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Oh soapbox away, I am with you! Then the people who point out these issues are the bad ones, maybe you should point the finger at the ones screwing the system givng you (general) a bad name. Its bs. Dont work in mental health but a jail, close enough to see this crap. I love the ones who throw a fit about paying $3 for a prescription that would cost me $40. SMDH

Quoting Anonymous:

In my state it came to be passed that if you were claiming ssi/disability on a mental illness you have to prove your getting treatment for it.
They (the patients) didn't like that because dds asks for a dr statement as to rather or not the patient should be able to work or not. 75% of the time the dr says "yes they should be able to work"
I had a lady once come in and told me DDS wanted her records and the doctor to fill this questionnaire out. I said sure to sign a release of info out and she said "well what if I don't want them to have my records"
I informed her with out the release hipa binds the office to not even admit she is a patient.
A month later she came in screaming about being denied disability bc we didn't send what they needed.
Shortly thereafter she sent her boyfriend. ALSO a patient, being treated for substance abuse and anxiety also on disability, to beg us to take her back.
The doctor came out and told him in no uncertain terms, if he didn't turn around and leave he would be joining her. He wouldn't have a doctor, and would lose his disability.
I am on disability because I fell and cracked two vertebrae in my back. I am unable to stand for long periods of time or walk much.
But it pisses me off, to no end. I go into the welfare office to get my quarterly paperwork done and am treated like some scum just sucking up the system that I worked for twenty years to help fund.
Maybe she has true anxiety problems, but if she does, pot is NOT the long term answer.
And for the record.
It's almost been passed here a few times but missed a vote or two. They said it would be a three strike system and you needed to prove you were either clean, or in treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then, perhaps you need to take your anti-amarica butt to a third world country where you can smoke all you want and be raped daily by your providers ect in a world with out a government.

My guess is your also trying to suck up disability or ssi welfare and food stamps instead of actually GETTING HELP.

And yes. I am sure the toxins in Weed are soooo much better for your health then say, ohhh regulated buspar

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, I, haven't gone into great detail about medical interventions,, it is not needed.

Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.

Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.

In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.

I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.

If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse

The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.

I worked mental health.

I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist

Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM
There is a difference between medical purposes and recreational purposes. I also know parents that take better care of their children's needs and enjoy recreational activities when the kids are at grandma's, etc, than other parents who spend their money on video games, electronics, alcohol, etc. Our culture is so focused on is marijuana good or bad some people seem to forget that parenting is about priorities and those priorities can be just as skewed by legal options.

And I disagree with the original question. If anxiety can't be controlled by nonmedical means, than it is as necessary as blood pressure medication or insulin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Nope, sorry but I don't collect shit. My dh makes good money.

I don't know where you get I don't love my country. Crazy talk!!

At least I'm not a rude, disrespectful bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I worked mental health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Poor baby doesn't like the options! Lmao!

Quoting LauraBelle9812:

At least I don't hide behind my anon button coward...

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry you are so stupid!!

It was a question bitch!

Quoting LauraBelle9812:

Screw you bitch

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Wrong honey! My dh works his ass off and we don't collect shit!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I worked mental health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I love how you stupid ass people can't read but you call names.

Um. Fuck you! Learn to read.

Quoting grtshell:

Oh dear God you are really a piece of work. Poor baby has had anxiety since you were 5 oh boo fuckin hoo. You think taking pills makes a person a bad mother but a stupid bitch smoking pot and getting high.....I am going to nominate you for the Mother of the Year award, oh wait i cant because you are to chicken shit and have to do your posts Anonymously. "If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent!" I say if you have to smoke dope so you can cope and that makes you a good mom then I hope someone takes your kids away. Your statement just shows your ignorance, you don't know a fucking thing about people who take LEGAL medications, walk a mile in their stilettos feel the pain they carry, feel the loss, feel what they feel. You probably wouldn't be able to take 2 steps. Your MJ is keeping your anxiety in check unfortunately there is not a med to fix stupid, cause bitch you would need large doses of that.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Oh please! My kids and I used to have a little joke when we would get ready to go somewhere with just me & them, they'd ask if I had my pills with me! There were a couple of family jokes we had, but this was one of them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
You people are some kind of fucking stupid!

No fucking disability, no welfare.

Why is that the first thing stupid people jump to? Not everyone abuses the system. Not everyone feels entitled to free money or whatever.

Quoting Anonymous:

And for the record.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I worked mental health.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)