Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (431-440):
grtshell
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Read what that you are a dumb ass? I already read that part. Your exact words state if you take meds for anxiety you are a bad parent. Lets see smoke pot hmmm what kind of work can you possibly do that will let you do it high? If you don't have a job that means you are a SAHM which is a much harder job then any I have worked. I worked as a Mental Health nurse in a Max Security Death Row Prison, a lot of them may not have ended up there if they had gotten the treatments for mental health issues. By the way your 3rd edit contradicts your original post. You are one major head case. See I read just fine but you post one thing and then don't like the comments so you make an edit about anxious as a child meds don't make you feel well so you smoke pot so you can be chill. So more posts about your stupidity for being a mom and smoking pot, then comes the 3rd edit " no your not a bad mom for taking meds" I think all that pot has made you completely shot out, your do not act or react like you have any sense. "You are not judging anyone????" Your original post says you were. I think you are completely sketch. Probably such a wonder "mother" I use the term loosely, smoked pot while pregnant or breastfeeding. How could you handle your anxiety while pregnant. You know what lots of people had horrific childhoods and never smoked weed, you just want an excuse for your bad parenting and the fact that you like pot. QUICK someone get this skanky bitch a dime bag, maybe it help help her stupidity as well as make her chill. My God do you have any idea how you would feel if something happened and you were high? You cant think clear your reflexes are slower. How could you even live with yourself? Well I guess you would just need a bigger bag of pot. I feel sorry for you, you must have such low self esteem that any attention good or bad is attention, if not you wouldn't have STRESSED the fact that you smoke pot. Maybe you should try to grow up or pretend to be a grown-up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Um. You are crazy. Good day now!

Quoting grtshell:

Read what that you are a dumb ass? I already read that part. Your exact words state if you take meds for anxiety you are a bad parent. Lets see smoke pot hmmm what kind of work can you possibly do that will let you do it high? If you don't have a job that means you are a SAHM which is a much harder job then any I have worked. I worked as a Mental Health nurse in a Max Security Death Row Prison, a lot of them may not have ended up there if they had gotten the treatments for mental health issues. By the way your 3rd edit contradicts your original post. You are one major head case. See I read just fine but you post one thing and then don't like the comments so you make an edit about anxious as a child meds don't make you feel well so you smoke pot so you can be chill. So more posts about your stupidity for being a mom and smoking pot, then comes the 3rd edit " no your not a bad mom for taking meds" I think all that pot has made you completely shot out, your do not act or react like you have any sense. "You are not judging anyone????" Your original post says you were. I think you are completely sketch. Probably such a wonder "mother" I use the term loosely, smoked pot while pregnant or breastfeeding. How could you handle your anxiety while pregnant. You know what lots of people had horrific childhoods and never smoked weed, you just want an excuse for your bad parenting and the fact that you like pot. QUICK someone get this skanky bitch a dime bag, maybe it help help her stupidity as well as make her chill. My God do you have any idea how you would feel if something happened and you were high? You cant think clear your reflexes are slower. How could you even live with yourself? Well I guess you would just need a bigger bag of pot. I feel sorry for you, you must have such low self esteem that any attention good or bad is attention, if not you wouldn't have STRESSED the fact that you smoke pot. Maybe you should try to grow up or pretend to be a grown-up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Kinda burns you up doesn't it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh soapbox away, I am with you! Then the people who point out these issues are the bad ones, maybe you should point the finger at the ones screwing the system givng you (general) a bad name. Its bs. Dont work in mental health but a jail, close enough to see this crap. I love the ones who throw a fit about paying $3 for a prescription that would cost me $40. SMDH

Quoting Anonymous:

Well you know I call it like I see it.

I worked mental health for years.

In my state it came to be passed that if you were claiming ssi/disability on a mental illness you have to prove your getting treatment for it.

They (the patients) didn't like that because dds asks for a dr statement as to rather or not the patient should be able to work or not. 75% of the time the dr says "yes they should be able to work"

Then the patient often times gets denied.

I had a lady once come in and told me DDS wanted her records and the doctor to fill this questionnaire out. I said sure to sign a release of info out and she said "well what if I don't want them to have my records"

I informed her with out the release hipa binds the office to not even admit she is a patient.

She said "ok don't send it then"

A month later she came in screaming about being denied disability bc we didn't send what they needed.

The doctor released her from care on the grounds she had threatened staff,

Shortly thereafter she sent her boyfriend. ALSO a patient, being treated for substance abuse and anxiety also on disability, to beg us to take her back.

The doctor came out and told him in no uncertain terms, if he didn't turn around and leave he would be joining her. He wouldn't have a doctor, and would lose his disability.

He apologized and left in a hurry.

I just don't get some people.

Self entitlement in this country is becoming an issue.

Now, I am not bashing any one who truly NEEDS it.

I am on disability because I fell and cracked two vertebrae in my back. I am unable to stand for long periods of time or walk much.

I am also hoping it will be temporary.

I have an upcoming surgery that will determine that.

But it pisses me off, to no end. I go into the welfare office to get my quarterly paperwork done and am treated like some scum just sucking up the system that I worked for twenty years to help fund.

Maybe she has true anxiety problems, but if she does, pot is NOT the long term answer.

And for the record.

I am all for drug testing at the welfare office.

It's almost been passed here a few times but missed a vote or two. They said it would be a three strike system and you needed to prove you were either clean, or in treatment.

Bash that any one who wants to

[steps down off my soapbox]

Quoting Anonymous:

Id be willing to put money on it. Chances are though, she will deny it now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then, perhaps you need to take your anti-amarica butt to a third world country where you can smoke all you want and be raped daily by your providers ect in a world with out a government.

My guess is your also trying to suck up disability or ssi welfare and food stamps instead of actually GETTING HELP.

Yes! YOU are the one making the rest of us look bad.

So put THAT in your hooka and smoke it.

If you have "major anxiety issues" you DO need medical intervention.

And yes. I am sure the toxins in Weed are soooo much better for your health then say, ohhh regulated buspar

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, I, haven't gone into great detail about medical interventions,, it is not needed.

Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.

Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.

In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.

I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.

If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse

The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.

I worked mental health.

My husband works substance abuse.

I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
"Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt."

You deny having said this???
Sounds to me like you don't love your country.

Hope your DH does make good money. The hospital you will some day be commited to, will be kind of expensive when dealing with multiple diagnosis.

Substance abuse
Paranoia
"Extreme anxiety"
And a personality disorder.

That's just the beginning.

Good luck honey.
May God keep your precious babies from harm

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, sorry but I don't collect shit. My dh makes good money.

I don't know where you get I don't love my country. Crazy talk!!

At least I'm not a rude, disrespectful bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well then, perhaps you need to take your anti-amarica butt to a third world country where you can smoke all you want and be raped daily by your providers ect in a world with out a government.

My guess is your also trying to suck up disability or ssi welfare and food stamps instead of actually GETTING HELP.

Yes! YOU are the one making the rest of us look bad.

So put THAT in your hooka and smoke it.

If you have "major anxiety issues" you DO need medical intervention.

And yes. I am sure the toxins in Weed are soooo much better for your health then say, ohhh regulated buspar

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, I, haven't gone into great detail about medical interventions,, it is not needed.

Frankly, just because your meds are prescribed and mine aren't doesn't make me unaware what works for me. When it comes to my health, sorry but the government can kiss my butt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, here is my issue.

I take PRESCRIBED TO ME *LEGAL* medication for anxiety. For the first week it made me very sleepy but once my body adjusted to it and now I have no side effects.

Pot, on the other hand has a "high" effect that can impair judgment and render you unable to drive, work, or make responsible decisions in emergency situations.

In most states pot is ILLEGAL. I'm more liberal in some in my opinion about that, and my personal opinion is that if alcohol is legal, then maybe pot should be too. Let the government grow it regulate it and tax it in the liquor stores.

I would have the same opinion if some one said "I drink two glasses of wine every night to unwind from the anxiety of the day" it's not a good way to do it and a bad habit.

If you truley have anxiety issues you NEED to seek treatment before it becomes worse

The meds you were on may not have been right for you, and honestly it can take a year to find your right combo.

I worked mental health.

My husband works substance abuse.

I am not bashing you OP but begging you for your sake and the sake of your children to seek medical help by a trained psychiatrist

grtshell
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
You and your husband both are nothing but ignorant sorry excuses for parents. It does not matter how much he makes, you both are nothing but trash, you for smoking it and him for allowing it. I find it so funny that you keep trying to get someone to think what you are doing is okay, if you stand by your convictions that it is okay to smoke pot, then why are you hiding?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM

i am dignosed with a few things and severy aniety is one of them and i have my medi card but i also take a drop called rescue but i agree when im on meds they make me worse my family even thinks so so no i do not think its a bad parenting choice if you have a problem and you ignore it can be a bad choice 

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Right well even so its still possible to get a RX if you have one of the listed disorders. I'm a recovering opiate addict, and I know in 4 of the MM states opiate dependance is listed as one. So is PTSD and my SO has that. GERD, IBS, ICC are all things I unfortunately have too that are listed on some states.. So you're saying you don't have a script cuz they've started cracking down on dispensaries ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in a medical marijuana state that has limited the amount of rx a few select docs can give. So essentially, it is illegal :)

I don't care if others think I am a bad mother. It has no relevance on my life.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Medical marijuana should be used in place of ALL or at least most of the pharma drugs they use. There'd be NO chance of overdose no matter how much was prescribed, there'd be no chance of getting addicted and going through withdrawal symptoms IF you ever have to stop, its SAFE, with practically ZERO side effects. I'm an advocate for NORML and I live in ohio where MJ laws still suck dick. BUT those women telling you you're a bad mom if you smoke pot are IDIOTS to think that downing Zoloft, Valium and Xanax are ok simply cuz they're "legal" pills.

You didnt say whether or not you were prescribed it or you just smoke it knowing it'll help. It doesn't matter either way IMO, I'm simply asking because I know a few people who smoke it "illegally" because our state doesn't prescribe it yet but they've found no other drug that works. My uncle for example had Crohn's disease and the opiates he was on were destroying him so he now smokes weed and you wouldn't even know he has chrohns. He's got kids, a wife, a huge house, a 6 figure job etc. he smokes closest pot and he's a wayyyy Better parent than some I know who get pharmies scripted to them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

ftmommy2012
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I take Zoloft for depression and Xanax for anxiety. I think I'm a pretty kick ass mom. My kids have everything they need and most of what they want. They have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies and perform well in school.

Maddiesmommy123
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM
THANK YOU, but I wasnt focussing my post on ANY ONE!! That is why I rarely reply to anything anymore, because people automatically THINK a reply is aimed at them..........was just a general reply!!!!!!
Maddiesmommy123
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM
What?

Quoting Maddiesmommy123:

THANK YOU, but I wasnt focussing my post on ANY ONE!! That is why I rarely reply to anything anymore, because people automatically THINK a reply is aimed at them..........was just a general reply!!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)