Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you take pharmaceuticals for anxiety, you're a bad parent! 2nd edit 3rd edit for *some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If you take a prescription for anxiety, you're a bad parent.

Options:

agree

disagree

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1045

View Results

**********part of 3rd edit...I DO NOT THINK IF YOU TAKE MEDS YOU ARE A BAD MOM, PARENT, CAREGIVER, FAMILY MEMBER, PERSON, AMERICAN, NON AMERICAN OR HUMAN*************

Do you agree? Or disagree?

EDIT what if the medication was marijuana? Would your mind change?

Edit 2-okay I simply asked a question. I didn't *judge* anyone. I asked a question. For the fucking record, I smoke weed for major anxiety I have suffered since childhood. Went to doc, got a cookie cutter diagnosis and given meds that blew me up and made me feel worse. Not thanks.

I wrote, this post because I always see ladies here say you're a bad parent if you smoke weed but not if you take other meds. That is something I wanted to point out. Not bash on mental illness.

So there. Don't yell and be an ass anymore please.

3rd edit...some of you people are fucking crazy and think the world is out to get you. Fuck.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Replies (441-446):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Don't worry, I get bashed when I post too. I don't think it's bad unless you can't take care of the child while the child is awake.... I have Xanax but don't use it.. I just have a beer after my dd goes to bed!

CarolynC71
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I have for several years. In fact I think my son's Nurse Practioner was the one who gave me samples to begin with. It wasn't completely because of my kids but they had a little to do with it. I used to tell my kids it was my "keep me from killing the kids pill." Course they knew I was joking. We adopted and had one child that was a holy terror from 4th to 10th grade. I still take it and the kids haven't lived here in several months. I have found that I really do need it for me.

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

who said this?  No you definitely, are not a bad parent....

apollothor
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

There is truly medical use for marijuana with a prescription, but,  unless you live in a state that recognizes it, you are violating the law. That would be bad for your kids if it causes you to get arrested or land in jail. If your state does recognize medical marijuana, I hope that you don't drive your kids around after you do weed.

Flobrooks
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

From your third response, I guess you do need medications.

Generally I think most people depend on pills to solve lifes problems. It's life, deal with it!

sillytroll
by Teehee on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I disagree. I don't think taking meds for anxiety makes a person a bad parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)