Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Budgeting!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

2 questions.

1) food wise what would you budget for 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 6,4,3. And the kids are only here 50% of the time.

2) Outside of Rent, Electric, I've also done gas(car), Cigs (his), Internet, and diapers and wipes.We will have a baby at the end of Sept. 

Thanks...want to make sure I'm not forget anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

come on ladies

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM
You should really be able to handle this yourself. Too many variables for a large group to help with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Insurance, auto, life, health?

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

We  spend around $600-$700 on food, pet food and house hold stuff a month for a family of 5.  For other things to budget include gas, car insurance, phone, garbage, water if you pay it, clothes ect too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My monthly bills are rent, gas (car), utilities, car insurance, car payment, cable/Internet, gym membership, and phones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I have 2 kids family of 4 i try to stay under $ 400
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I don't know.  I probably do it wrong.  I do what I want, then our family makes sure we earn enough money to cover it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Food wise really depends on your area, what you buy/eat, etc. For us there's 2 adults, 1 part time (almost) kindergartener, 1 toddler who eats A LOT (like the other day he ate 4 average sized pancakes and half an apple and then wanted my food) and an infant-- who obviously isn't eating table food, formula isn't in grcery budget-- Plus 2 dogs, our grocery budget is about $300/month. And about once every 4 months we add about another $75 to cover things like aluminum foil, ziploc baggies (usually every 6-8 months we need these), toilet paper, and similar items. 

Car insurance, renters insurance, water bill, trash (if you have to pay for it?) childcare, entertainment budget, cell phone, debt payments, savings, doctor bills, there's a ton of things. Just think of bills you pay every month, write them all down, when they're due, amounts, etc I personally made a spreadsheet for all of it 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Insurance, phones, emergency, savings, miscellaneous, clothes, repairs, etc.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Car insurance, phone, health and beauty products, any pet expenses, medical expenses, kids activities or sports, entertainment, childcare,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)