Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weed and Pregnancy.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I just found out that i am pregnant, 14 weeks to be exact. I smoke weed daily. and did so before today. i have NO intentions on continuing to smoke through out the rest of this pregnancy. but am still wondering about the effects i may have already made on my unborn, during these first 14 weeks of pregnancy. for those of you who have smoke through pregnancy or have had similiar situations, were there any negative effects on your baby? ***** for those that are wondering i didnt know i was pregnant because i continued to have my monthly period. i only found out because i went to the ER for an allergic reaction that i had from a bee bite. (im allergic to bees) and they asked if i was pregnant, i always put i do not know because tho the chances of me being pregnant are slim , DF and i do not use protection and havent for 11 years. this will be my first time being pregnant******
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Congrats. i wouldn't worry about the previous use...I mean, you can't do anything but stop now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM

true

Trisi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I think the baby will be fine. Honestly.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I think the baby will be fine; I smoked longer before I knew I was pregnant, stopped, and my daughter was born healthy. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Baby is fine. I smoked daily before I knew and daily after to help with nausea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

There are absolutely no studies that show it to be harmful to the fetus, so stop worrying.

PestPatti
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I smoked while pregnant.  And mine did very well..

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I didn't smoke I used a vaporizer and there were no ill effects on my child. Yet I was doing so legally and under the supervision of my doctor's and ob.
Your baby will be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I smoked my entire pregnancy with my second child. He is now 6, healthy and smart as a whip. Your baby will be fine.
hismommy2010
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM

If you are truly going to stop, then put everything prior to finding out aside. You could talk to your pre-natal doc and tell them. I do know that it can cause a variety of issues.

My cousin smoked throughout both of her pregnancy's and both kids seems fine for a good while. Then both ended up with extreme learning disabilities and other health issues. So just stop, and talk to your doc and let them know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)