Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Phone Etiquette

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

Whatever happened to common courtesy when taking or making phone calls?!?  I swear!  I can't enjoy a simple TV show because my MIL has NO consideration when it comes to talking on the phone.  What's so hard about going back to one of the bedrooms for the time they're on the phone?  I don't need to hear one side of a half-hour conversation that is basically her going on and on repeating things fifteen different ways as she does in all her conversations and getting all emotional because apparently the person on the other end is being rude and mean to her about whatever the subject is.  And then my DH gets one too, and they're BOTH talking, and I can't hear a darned word of the show i'm trying to watch.  Aargh! 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I always leave the room to take a call. I just can't concentrate on the call & the house noises at the same time.
Dh sits right where he is and talks. It can be annoying. I especially hate if we're out & about and he gets a call. He has his phone hooked up to the bluetooth through his stereo. I get to listen to the whole conversation through the stereo speakers. I hate it! :/
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My phone often drops signal in certain places in my house and my wifi calling doesn't always work  in the rooms on the upper floor. So i stay where i am at. I have 3 tvs in my house they can watch if they dont like it. also the pcs and gaming systems all have headset they can put on

Photobucket

Lovemybabyboy09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I always leave the room but my family always follows me! When I'm on the phone its like a magnet and they all have to be in the same room as me! So annoying!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I always leave the room to take calls :\

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Ugh. My mom drives me nuts with her phone! Her cell phone tho. We will be out to lunch and she will have her phone in her hand playing games and surfing Facebook!!! It drives me so crazy! It's so rude! I would expect it more from a teenager......not my 60 year old mother!
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Tell them.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
So put the tv on full blast. She'll walk away and think you're the rude one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Well, I guess it depends on who's house you're in. If it's yours, then ya, I would say it's rude but if it's hers than I think it's her house. So she can do as she please.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

My husband does that sometimes. I just turn the tv up really loud and he usually gets the picture and leaves the room!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)