Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet pills

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I want to take diet pills for a short time to start getting the weight off. My doctor said she'd prescribe me some but I can't afford what she wants to give me so I'm trying to find something over the counter. I don't know what works though. Has anyone tried any that they can recommend? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM
No. Only the rx works. Its cheap. Get half of the rx then the other half.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quoting destiny2nv:

I don't have insurance and Idr what she wanted me to do but I couldn't afford it.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM

none of them work.  change your eating habits and start moving more. it will have more long lasting results, plus healthier for you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I don't have insurance either. Was it phentermine? Its only like 30 $ for 60 pills where i live. If you can't afford that then you can't afford otc diet pills.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting destiny2nv:

I don't have insurance and Idr what she wanted me to do but I couldn't afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting aphrodite7400:

none of them work.  change your eating habits and start moving more. it will have more long lasting results, plus healthier for you! 

I have been but haven't been losing much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have insurance either. Was it phentermine? Its only like 30 $ for 60 pills where i live. If you can't afford that then you can't afford otc diet pills.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting destiny2nv:

No, it wasn't that. It was over $100.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Oxy elite pro works pretty well. You can get it at gnc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
The only thing diet pills are good for is making you not feel hungry. After a bit it will shrink your stomach back to normal and when you get off the pills you'll feel full faster. However, if you keep eating until you feel stuffed your stomach will get right back to stretched out and you'll have the same crap eating habits. It really has to be a combination of modified eating, exercise and the pills if you want it to last. Otherwise you will be dependent on the pills forever. Without proper nutrition nothing will last. Try drinking psyllium before meals. Not the tastiest (don't get flavored) but its fiber and will fill you up like mad. Plus most people with bad eating habits don't get enough fiber anyhow. Good luck sticking to your plan. It's a tough battle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

what exactly what the script she wanted you to take?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

The only thing diet pills are good for is making you not feel hungry. After a bit it will shrink your stomach back to normal and when you get off the pills you'll feel full faster. However, if you keep eating until you feel stuffed your stomach will get right back to stretched out and you'll have the same crap eating habits. It really has to be a combination of modified eating, exercise and the pills if you want it to last. Otherwise you will be dependent on the pills forever. Without proper nutrition nothing will last. Try drinking psyllium before meals. Not the tastiest (don't get flavored) but its fiber and will fill you up like mad. Plus most people with bad eating habits don't get enough fiber anyhow. Good luck sticking to your plan. It's a tough battle.

Thank you. I eat really well now and have started exercising but I need a boost. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured