Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg!!!! alberta is flooded......video footage **update** this is way more than just alberta. canadian moms check in

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 174 Replies

and its been raining all week here too

after listening to talk radio all day yesterday, and watching the news (cbcnews.ca) i feel just sick. its not just "alberta flooding"thishas already ripped through BC, communities are completely cut off, saskatchewan is now beginning to be hit and after us it's manitoba.

we are preparing by sandbagging and the gardener dam floodgates have been opened, they will be flooding definbaker lake.

the waters are moving along the north and south sask rivers and will also affect manitobas red river.

this is not somthing canada has had to deal with.... i dont think ever.

this is unprecidented. this is just heartbreaking and unreal.

and it is not done yet. everywhere you look are big clouds....and they are storm clouds.

anyone in area's affected i recommend looking to kijiji under volunteer section/ they will even shelter your pets

alberta moms, if you or anyone you know needs help of ANY KIND this is blowing up with offers to help

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/f-community-volunteers-W0QQCatIdZ3

please copy andpasteto fb and share so anyone needing help knows its there

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM

bump! holy crap holy crap!

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Adding the pic of Main Street in High River because it's crazy. So glad my Grandpa, Aunts and Uncles are ok. :(

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

BUMP!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Is this not a regular thing?  I mean, I'm from the southern coast of Long Island so flooding is a part of life, but normally floods happen over and over in the same places.

Snowball10
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I care! But I'm not American. I am an Albertain though. They declared a state of emergency in Canmore and in Banff I think.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Oh wow...that's awful. I'll be praying for the residents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snowball10
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

No, we are a landlocked province, so it doesn't happen often at all.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Is this not a regular thing?  I mean, I'm from the southern coast of Long Island so flooding is a part of life, but normally floods happen over and over in the same places.

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

this is a bit worse than your normal flooding

Quoting Dzyre1115:

BestestMom11
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That is terrible! Hope no one loses their life in it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)