Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They told me he would be mentally disabled

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 70 Replies
27 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

DS graduated preschool yesterday and I couldn't be prouder. I know many see it as just preschool but this is the baby that doctors told me when he was two and half would never run would never speak and was mentally disabled. Fast forward to him being four years old me quitting my job in 2011 to dedicate every waking moment to finding him the best therapists best doctors and working with him everyday. And he graduates at the top of his class and is entering the gifted and talented program at his new school in September. Yes he is a special needs child still he has mild cerebral palsy which causes his left side to be a bit weaker than the right and he tip toe walks, he is a high functioning autistic but I'm proud he made it he struggled along the way but like he said at the little speech that each child gave when asked how do feel to get your diploma he said " I knew I could do it mama says we never give up" and yes I cried. Lol! That's my baby and I have congratulated myself because I have raised him alone and will continue to do so along with his babysitter coming this Sunday. Hooray for my big boy!
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
model1000mom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

woohoo

Fjamrkr
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Congrats to your handsome little man!
Mommy980106
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
That's awesome! Congratulations to the little guy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Thanks! He is so proud of himself and tells all our neighbors I did it lol

Quoting Fjamrkr:

shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Aww that's great!  I know you are proud.  When my daughter was born I was told there was a possibility she would never walk due to some damage from a brain hemorrhage.  She finished her first 5k back in November.  She is signed up for a 10k in a couple of months.  I was and am so proud of her.  She turned 10 last month. 

Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Yes woohoo

Quoting model1000mom:

woohoo

Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
That's amazing it just goes to show that medical doctors are not always right. Congrats to your daughter

Quoting shymomof4:

Aww that's great!  I know you are proud.  When my daughter was born I was told there was a possibility she would never walk due to some damage from a brain hemorrhage.  She finished her first 5k back in November.  She is signed up for a 10k in a couple of months.  I was and am so proud of her.  She turned 10 last month. 

Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Thanks I am so proud of him

Quoting Fjamrkr:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Congratulations!!! I really am happy for you...but I have a question,

You say you have raised him alone, but you quit your job to find the best everything for him....how did you put food on the table????

Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN