Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update#3 ** Sil invited my family but not me!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM
  • 167 Replies
SIL invited my family to have dinner at her parents house but not me. I'm the left out one again. When I tried to talk to my husband he said they just think you have better things to do?

She invited my step daughter, other sil husband and kids to dinner but not me and my husband won't stand up for me!!

**my dh does not see what the issue is. I don't want to argue but he has to stand up for me. I told him he shouldn't go and he says he's going. My bil told my dh that I shouldn't go because I must have better things to do or at least that's what my dh said. ****
*** I just updated my FB status to:
Me and baby are free tonight, no husband. #notinvitedtoparty

She lives on FB can't wait to see her response. Maybe I should just remove it and be the bigger person??**

*** update #2*** SIL invited all of my other SIL's family too. My husband is from Africa and will never put us 1st he puts his sisters and his brothers 1st. We have been married for 15 years and he's never changed. This is a new sil who just married my bil in April.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do I am at work until 3. I haven't had a chance to talk to dh again yet. It's so disrespectful to not invite your brothers wife. ****

***update #3****** Wow so many replies. Well I went always and sil told me oh I though bil told you not to come. I was like if my family is here I am here it's a package deal. Then my husband told her you can't disrespect my wife by nt including her, she's been in this family longer then you and will be here after you! If you don't like it we can all leave.

I was so happy that in the end he did stand up for me. I had to argue to get there but it worked.

We had the best time last night after the kids were in bed. He's a keeper even if he sometimes drives me crazy and his family is a piece if work!! ****
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Did she outright say not you?
.Diddles.
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:13 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd be pissed off at my husband for going and not sticking up for me. The kids are ok because they're too young to get mixed up in family drama.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Why do you need a personal invite? Did she specifically say you weren't invited? In Dh's family we text his sister and his brither; and they coordinate witht heir families; we don't personally invite each individual person; we just assume they'll come because they're family.

But I'd have a chat with your DH if you feel he's not standing up for you. He's your husband; he should stand up for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Unless she specifially said you weren't invited Why don't you go?

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Maybe you should ask SIL??  IMO if he won't stand up for you then YOU need to do so.  

Lorik1969
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM
9 moms liked this
I would grab a book and go have a nice steak dinner! I would also make a nice bed on the couch for dh. He's beimg incredibly disrespectful.
-_-
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM
5 moms liked this
She's just not that into you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM
5 moms liked this

I would go anyway. but i am a shit starter like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Each individual got personal invites?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)