Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession: I wanted to punish another woman's child! *ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 160 Replies

I was at the splash park with my SD7, and I was watching her play with the other children.  The only reason I'll mention it is because it's relevant to the story, but I was the only white parent around, and SD was the only white child.  She was playing with the other children nicely, and all was well until another little boy and girl (both white) came up to play.  They looked about 5.  I'm watching them get into the pad, and then I realize this boy is actually sucking up water from the ground and spitting it at people! 

SD7 tells him to stop and runs away from him, and he seems to leave her alone.  I was letting them handle it, because the others were upset and seemed to be doing a  nice job.  I didn't want to get involved and punish another parent's child.  I kept looking around for a parent to this child, but there were NO other white people anywhere that could've been his mom or dad.  I watched and got closer to the pad, and he kept spitting at people.  He then ran past me trying to spit on parents.  When he tried that  mess with me, I looked at him and told him "Don't you even think of spitting on me.  That's nasty, and I won't tolerate it."  He left me alone!

Everyone else was scared to say anything, because they assumed he was mine.  They asked me finally, and I told them no and I didn't know whose he was, but he sure wasn't mine!  lol  They were getting splashed and spit on by this little brat, too.  Others told him to stop, and he stuck up his middle finger at them.  I asked the little girl he came with if he was her brother, and she said no he's my cousin.  I asked where his mom was, and she said she dropped them off and left.  WTF?  She said her own mom was over at the ball fields, which was too far to even see the kids, plus there was a game going on!

So the kid tried that mess again, and I told him "Go ahead and spit at me, and see what you get.  I'll find somebody you belong to and drag you with me.  Don't think I won't."  He left me alone, but he still spat at others.  When the kids realized he wasn't mine, they began chasing him and kicking him so he would fall down and leave them alone.  I didn't pity him.  He was acting like a complete brat!!  I can't believe how calm I was and how angry I was at the same time!  What would you have done?  He spit in SD's face!  We left after a few minutes and will go back another time when he isn't there!

Okay, let me clarify.  First of all, the child was completely out of control.  I assumed since he was with the girl, his cousin, that his aunt would be the one responsible, and I would've asked the girl to take me there.  That's the only reason I didn't call the police for abandonment.  I didn't want to assume she wasn't at the ball field a football field's length away.  Rather than further my interaction with the spitter, we left.  Also, the kids around had parents with them, too.  Their parents should have been responsible for their behaviors toward the little boy.  They were not beating him to death, nor did they hurt him.  He wasn't hurt at all.  They were mostly kicking the water from the tiny wading pool underneath at him to get him to leave them alone.  He was kicked once in the shin when a SMALLER THAN HIM child kicked water at him.  He tried to cry for a split second then got up, ran after him, and spit at him.  He was full blown spitting a mouth full of water at everyone.  Not just dribbles.  And no, I'm not going to let my SD get spit at nor myself.  That's nasty.  And SD never did that.  She asked him to stop and told him he was gross.  I hope that clarifies the one or two thinking I was watching a major ass-kicking or something.  No way, and this all started after we were heading towards the car, so we were already leaving.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Sadly it's common. We spent one summer at the town pool and a boy around 9 years old got kicked out. He had no parents with him, was pushing kids under water, cussing, he even kicked me under water to try and make me go under. When I didn't he called me a bitch. Some parents shouldn't have kids.

kurmom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM
5 moms liked this
I would have gotten an employee. First of all not okay to let 5 year olds swim alone. And while I understand you were upset by his behavior, it was not okay for the other kids to chase and kick him until he fell. Someone should have said something. Where were the employees?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Splash parks don't have employees there watching over things. At least they don't here. 

I really can't understand how a parent could just leave their young children unattended. 

Quoting kurmom:

I would have gotten an employee. First of all not okay to let 5 year olds swim alone. And while I understand you were upset by his behavior, it was not okay for the other kids to chase and kick him until he fell. Someone should have said something. Where were the employees?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM

WHY didn't you report this to the  "Splash Park Authorities"...I am quite sure they must have some rules about children under a certain age being left at the park unsupervised by the parents or another adult??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, there were no splash park authorities and no one to tell otherwise.  Yeah, it wasn't really right for the other kids to push or kick him down, but I have to say had he left them alone, he wouldn't have had trouble.  He didn't seem hurt by it, so whatever I guess.  There were rules posted, but it also said no one would be watching and to splash at your own risk! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You handled it better than I would have, but I have a short fuse. This little girl, about 5, tried to take a toy I won from a crane machine that my daughter, 6, was trying to grab. I yanked it out of the girls hand, told her no, that's my daughters, put it back in the slot and let her get it. Some kids aren't taught how to act properly in public, and as long as it's not disturbing me or my kids then I won't get involved, unless it's really disrupting to EVERYONE. Like these stupid teens that were throwing a ball in Target and hit a kid in electronics. I seriously wanted to grab them by their hair, but I let a manager deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I would have be very tempted to call the cops about an abandoned child, I wouldn't have but I would be thinking it......

Maybe the other kids shouldn't have kicked him but ya know I don't feel sorry for him. Most kids are only going to take so much before they handle the problem on their own....seems like they handled it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Those other kids should have just kicked his ass. It would have been a lesson he would never forget!
partingwhisp853
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:00 AM
2 moms liked this

5 year olds do the darndest things. because they are not at the age of reason(6-8) and tend to do very silly sometimes rude things. you were at a splash park, you do realize that kids suck up and spit water there right? likely even your little angel has done it herself before. good thing you did not punish someone elses child over petty water spitting. could have landed yourself in a very scary and bad situation. ps black and hispanic people sometimes have white kids, adopted, natural or foster. wow surprise surprise.

did it ever occur to you to find a park personel person to handle it rather than get all high handed? and a bit racist too sorry gotta call racist when i read it.

thank god you did not lay hands on this child to drag him to some supposed parent. you might very well have spent a night in jail.

and then you did nothing while other children beat on this child? knocking him down? likely hurting and scaring him. WTF is wrong with you?

I pray that you someday realize that kids like this could be special needs, could have bad home lives, and a little love goes a long way. watching with no pity while other kids hurt him is shameful

Quoting Anonymous:

I was at the splash park with my SD7, and I was watching her play with the other children.  The only reason I'll mention it is because it's relevant to the story, but I was the only white parent around, and SD was the only white child.  She was playing with the other children nicely, and all was well until another little boy and girl (both white) came up to play.  They looked about 5.  I'm watching them get into the pad, and then I realize this boy is actually sucking up water from the ground and spitting it at people! 

SD7 tells him to stop and runs away from him, and he seems to leave her alone.  I was letting them handle it, because the others were upset and seemed to be doing a  nice job.  I didn't want to get involved and punish another parent's child.  I kept looking around for a parent to this child, but there were NO other white people anywhere that could've been his mom or dad.  I watched and got closer to the pad, and he kept spitting at people.  He then ran past me trying to spit on parents.  When he tried that  mess with me, I looked at him and told him "Don't you even think of spitting on me.  That's nasty, and I won't tolerate it."  He left me alone!

Everyone else was scared to say anything, because they assumed he was mine.  They asked me finally, and I told them no and I didn't know whose he was, but he sure wasn't mine!  lol  They were getting splashed and spit on by this little brat, too.  Others told him to stop, and he stuck up his middle finger at them.  I asked the little girl he came with if he was her brother, and she said no he's my cousin.  I asked where his mom was, and she said she dropped them off and left.  WTF?  She said her own mom was over at the ball fields, which was too far to even see the kids, plus there was a game going on!

So the kid tried that mess again, and I told him "Go ahead and spit at me, and see what you get.  I'll find somebody you belong to and drag you with me.  Don't think I won't."  He left me alone, but he still spat at others.  When the kids realized he wasn't mine, they began chasing him and kicking him so he would fall down and leave them alone.  I didn't pity him.  He was acting like a complete brat!!  I can't believe how calm I was and how angry I was at the same time!  What would you have done?  He spit in SD's face!  We left after a few minutes and will go back another time when he isn't there!

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM

If somebody spat in my sons face I would tell my son to do it right back. I hate people who just let their kids roam free and expect other people to parent them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured