Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'm glad my dd can't hang out with her friends on her 18th birthday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
She has 3 girlfriends that she always goes out with and while the 4 of them have good heads on their shoulders; I'm not stupid. I know they don't do their hair and make up just to "stay the night at Natalie's".

Well anyway, dd's 18 birthday is the last week of July and 2 of her friends will be on vacation and the other will be working 2 hours away so they will not be able to hang out on her birthday. Call me a bitch but I'm kind of glad my dd can't hang out with her friends on her 18th birthday. I know they can celebrate when they return but I feel like it won't be the same as the partying they might have done on her actual birthday.

So there is my confession; I'm glad my dd can't hang out with her friends on her 18th birthday.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM
I'm*
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
You need to let go a little
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:21 AM
I don't see how I could let go anymore? She's not even 18 yet and she goes out whenever she wants. She has a key to come in at whatever time or she can stay at a friends house. All I ask is that she send me a text to let me know where she is for the night in the case that something happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to let go a little
missmamaof4
by Miss Mary on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Time to cut the cord!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Why do people keep saying I need to let go? She does whatever she wants lol I'm just having a little peace of mind that she won't go too crazy on her 18th birthday. Sheesh you women act like I keep her locked up all the time.

Quoting missmamaof4:

Time to cut the cord!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Is she still in school? This is perfectly fine if she's not in school or still living in your house

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be happy. That frontal lobe isn't fully developed and teens do crazy things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly lol someone understands. I know she will do crazy stuff but I'm just glad that things will be calm on what i could imagine to be a crazy night!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be happy. That frontal lobe isn't fully developed and teens do crazy things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I agree with you. I didn't let my DD out on her 18th. I told her I wanted her to wait a month before she went night clubbing or bar hopping. I knew she drunk illegally - but I also knew she was in a house. With her girlfriends. Safe. Within the  month the interest wore off and she's STILL never been to a night club.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured