Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY do SOME very obese women wear clothes 4 sizes too small? THIS APPLIES SKINNY CHICKS TOO.

Posted by   + Show Post

I mean, really?  I am not a pretzel myself but I cannot see myself wearing some outfit that is too short to cover my belly if i were 50-100 pounds over weight. Best example is to just look at alot of WAL-mart customers.  Seriously, these people think its ok to show off like this? OH and what about those who wear pants too tight, soo tinght that they cannot walk?

OMG and its ok that they also let there kids dress the same and at 13 or 15 yrs old they are already severely obese?

OK, Bash me away

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (531-540):
witch45
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I have the decency to cover my fat even when I am home alone.   Most females think that if you wear tight clothes it holds the fat in and makes you look thinner.  WRONG!  Then you hear the ones who say they are proud of their body and don't feel the need to hide it.  What you do at home is your business but why do I have to see it.  Yes I don't have to look but I am sorry when you looked so disgusting it's hard not to look and I do turn away but it's stuck in my head all day.  People need to know the difference from sexy and trashy.

Fazed
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

She is not hot. She looks like a prosititue. Sexy clothes should be left for the bedroom, not the streets. It's so not okay either way to dress outside your body type. 

Also, the issue with society now is that everyone thinks that is what a beautiful women is. It's sad. ):

Quoting bored-mary:

lack of class.... goes both ways..

btw.. my hubby thinks the chick is smoking hot..lol

that outfit would scare me to put it on this body..lol

Quoting nova.mommy:

Why do skinny women dress like a hooker?

Neither is attractive.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I think this goes for everyone. Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits. I wool never understand why people think squeezing into something five sizes to small looks sexy. If you dress your body appropriately in clothes that fit properly, it's sooo much more flattering.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Did you ever think that maybe a few have an illness to where , they have no help and have to dress themselves? Did you ever think hmm maybe it is not the pants that are to tight for them to walk. Maybe they have something wrong with them that has nothing to do with Pride. Or that it could be that  they can not afford something nice. Myabe they have pride despite of what they are wearing. It is really not your place to judge a book by its cover without getting into details for why they have to wear that. I know its not anything pretty but it is not our place to be disrespectful and just judge them by how they look. Also the only reason  i am posting anonymously is because its none of your business who i am and further more i do dress for sucess but i could care less about what anyone thinks of my clothes even though i spend a fortune at Von Maur and Macys since i own my own business and rather dress the part as a business woman!

RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Not going to bash. I feel the same way, I don't get it, if larger people wear clothes that fit it will actually make you look smaller than I you're trying to shove a size 16 into a 10. I'm not a 'tiny' girl I've got a bit of a pooch, but I dress appropriately to my shape and the pooch is hardly noticeable :)

Quoting bored-mary:

I mean, really?  I am not a pretzel myself but I cannot see myself wearing some outfit that is too short to cover my belly if i were 50-100 pounds over weight. Best example is to just look at alot of WAL-mart customers.  Seriously, these people think its ok to show off like this? OH and what about those who wear pants too tight, soo tinght that they cannot walk?

OMG and its ok that they also let there kids dress the same and at 13 or 15 yrs old they are already severely obese?

OK, Bash me away

BLsmommy0911
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I am a bigger woman and I totally agree. It's hard to find clothes for a bigger woman in my age group though. I'm 21 and weigh like 265ish. All the clothes I find are for older women. What we need is a clothing store that caters to young plus size women that is reasonably priced.
BradleysMom119
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Maybe too much...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this
okay so I am a plus size woman!!! I dress decent, I don't like to show bulge and I can understand where you are coming from...it's almost as if people really don't care if they have over hang and such. However....why is it OK for skinny women/girls to wear tight clothes and jeans that THEY can barely walk in and WHY is it OK for them to dress sexy and skimpy...yet a big girl can't???? I like tight pants and I look good in my tight jeans...I love my butt and yes, I can walk in those tight jeans baby!!!! and I also like to show my cleavage..because I love my boobies...so are you saying that I should be covering that up and wear SLOPPY sweats just to please people like yourself?? I am bothered that you would bring up kids and teens in the same sense...teens and kids already have enough to worry about...must they also be judged by ignorant society members all the time???!!!! I don't want to "bash" you...but seriously I can agree with you, but only to a certain extent. Stop judging people...let them be...
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM

You mean to tell me that these shorts aren't smoking hot?....
Linz2491
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I think some people think that if they get the size on, then that is their size. My sis is overweight but not obese at all. I went shopping with her and she was trying to buy the size 12 jeans and med shirts and just looked like a stuffed sausage. I nicely encouraged her to go a size up and she looked sooo much better.
I am amazed at the clothes some people wear
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)