Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY do SOME very obese women wear clothes 4 sizes too small? THIS APPLIES SKINNY CHICKS TOO.

Posted by   + Show Post

I mean, really?  I am not a pretzel myself but I cannot see myself wearing some outfit that is too short to cover my belly if i were 50-100 pounds over weight. Best example is to just look at alot of WAL-mart customers.  Seriously, these people think its ok to show off like this? OH and what about those who wear pants too tight, soo tinght that they cannot walk?

OMG and its ok that they also let there kids dress the same and at 13 or 15 yrs old they are already severely obese?

OK, Bash me away

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (801-810):
supermillerMom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I totally agree. I could stand to lose about 30 lbs. And since I had my baby I weigh a lot less than I did before getting pregnant but everything just "hangs" differently. I work hard to cover stuff up appropriately. I wish everyone else would put in some effort.
Jdroze81
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM
My big problem is some of these people that say ohh I can't afford clothes that fit right but they continue to stuff their face with McDonalds or candy bars or other food. Here's a tip don't order the extra large at McDonalds and maybe don't buy a gallon of ice cream at the store and you could save a little money. I will say I am about 40 lbs over my ideal weight and when I noticed this, it took awhile because it creeped up on me, I told my husband that I wanted him to help me work-out and that we were going to start eating better, which is brutal right now but well worth it. It is a lifestyle change and this excuse of I can't afford it just doesn't fly with me. We both lost our jobs and we live off a very very small amount of money that he makes (he does personal training through Youtube right now) we barely get by but we still manage to eat the right way and I don't have a problem with garage sale clothing its cheap and you can find some great stuff. I'm sorry I just get really tired of excuses unless there is a real physical problem excuses are crap. Ok I got on a rant sorry its just I get really tired of excuses when its really just people not wanting to take responsibility for what they do.
Quoting bored-mary:

i dont agree with some of your comments..PLUS sized clothing may cost more, OK..but if they can afford a coach purse, or 150.00 sneakers or shoes..they should be able to find a shirt, esp at wal mart, that they can afford and not take 4 people to help them put it on....

I do think, esp with some of the 200-300 lb women, they feel they look attractive this way?  NOPE

they can def dress decently and look good doing so.    lack of class and taste i feel...

Quoting norahsmommy:

Honesty it has a lot to do with not being able o afford or find proper fitting clothing. Plus sized clothing is very expensive and its usually only available online. People just 'make do'.

There are also many people out there who don't have mirrors in their house other than the small one in the bathroom. They don't see how their whole body looks so they really don't know just how fat they are.

felicia0387
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally agree, i myself am a bigger girl and it baffles my mind that people my size and bigger dress in clothes so tight! Its wonderful to be so confidant in yourself but really if its hanging over your pants, or your fat rolls are showing so bad that it looks like ripples down your back its time to put some looser clothes on lol! As a bigger girl you can dress sexy and classy without the super tight clothes!!!

Gwynnda
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree! We ARE adults AND should act like it! If that's how most of you ladies are ( the ones who are on the band wagon) what kind of example are you to your kids? Everyone is fine unless they are fat, ugly, poor, etc. and wear clothes that may be a bit too tight. Have you ever thought about the economy and that the person/people may NOT have enough money to buy new clothes because they have a family to take care of? Unless you can walk a mile in their shoes, I suggest you stop being childish. You have no idea about their lives or what they go through or what they have or don't have.

Yes there are classes. The bashers are very low class in my opinion. Just because you may have a perfect body does not give you the right to be cruel to others.

Show some respect in yourself and be kind to others. That's 'Class'.

Do unto others as you would want done to you.

We need more kindness in today's world, not ugliness.

Quoting Anonymous:

We are here to talk about being Moms! Not what people look like in their clothes!

Quoting iamjustlisa:

Yeah...'cause CM is all about discovering the green energy solution of tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. This is a fat bashing post. Bored-Mary must be bored if all she can think to do is bash people for the clothes they wear. Pretty pathetic. Not much going on in your life, Mary? Here is some advice, maybe you should get a life so you don't sit around obsessing over what other people wear.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you aren't even pretending this isn't a fat bashing post now..... Nice to see you true ugly colors come out!

Quoting bored-mary:

I was at a comedian show last year.. he made a funny joke about this topic..he says that these largely obese babes in bikinis......on the beach...those suits started off as a 1-piece...lol  untill they got them on.

ajwbear
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I have been big most of my adult life, and I would never wear clothes that were too small for me. I hated for people to see my fat, I also hate to see other peoples' fat hanging out as well. I work at a local Walmart and I can tell you most of the time I am disgusted with the way people come into shop. Either they are hanging out of their clothes because they are too small or they are dragging all over the floor cause they are too small for the clothes. What gets me, are those who come in with their boobs hanging out. Why bother to wear a top if your going to hang out of it.
iamjustlisa
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Not true.

Marilyn:

Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
Weight: 118-140 pounds
Bust: 35-37 inches
Waist: 22-23 inches
Hips: 35-36 inches
Bra size: 36D

Marilyn had THE hourglass figure. She wore a size 8 pant and size 12 dress...(to accommodate her booty & 36Ds).

Also, keep in mind that vintage clothing is ALL "slim cut".

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, my friend is 4'11" and in a size 8. She is beautiful. So any size '8' is great. So, 'size' is NOT relative. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 and was considered a very beautiful and sexy women. She was a model at that size, not the bean poles you see now that are teens and have had NO kids or have a high metabolism

I'm ashamed to belong to this type of trash talking, I'm insecure so I have to talk bad about other people.

I'm embarrassed for ya'll.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL it's big when you are 4ft 10in tall. Size is relative

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh...poor baby. NOT!

Quoting Anonymous:

36 has hit me hard. I am in serious denial about my true size. I have been a 2-4 since I was 19. I was a chubby teen and wore a size six. A size 8 is really hard to swallow. I often find myself squeezing into size small when I should be a large.

karlamousse4
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Im glad you mentioned that. I feel like I have been squishing out a bit lately and im normally very classy, but after having my baby, im heavier and cant afford the nice cloths anymore that cover blemishes lol and what extra I do have goes to my little ladies wardrobe :) then there are those people who say " you shouldnt have had a baby if you cant afford it " but I can, I just cant afford to get fatter lol!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Honesty it has a lot to do with not being able o afford or find proper fitting clothing. Plus sized clothing is very expensive and its usually only available online. People just 'make do'.

There are also many people out there who don't have mirrors in their house other than the small one in the bathroom. They don't see how their whole body looks so they really don't know just how fat they are.

karlamousse4
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Im glad you mentioned that. I feel like I have been squishing out a bit lately and im normally very classy, but after having my baby, im heavier and cant afford the nice cloths anymore that cover blemishes lol and what extra I do have goes to my little ladies wardrobe :) then there are those people who say " you shouldnt have had a baby if you cant afford it " but I can, I just cant afford to get fatter lol!

Quoting norahsmommy:

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Yep agreed! class and self respect issue! Nothing to do with weight. I could loose some weight, I like to go out of the house looking respectable AND comfortable

Quoting bored-mary:

lack of class and pride!! PRIDE in yourself..

Quoting Anonymous:

I think this is a class issue not a fat issue.

LysNVantesMom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I'm overweight and have the stomach that has issues (2-csections, with nerves and muscles cut so badly I cannot feel anything in that area, and my youngest is 9).  I see other women with such stomachs (we call them dunlop tummies.)  their belly dunlopped over their pants.  These women will wear their stomach hanging over their pants and with a shirt so short you clearly see the hang.  It is gross.  I nicely tuck mine into my pants and wear clothes that do their best to make it not look so bad.  No one will ever see that from me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)