Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever woken up from a dream crying.

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 63 Replies
Have you ever woken up from a dream crying? Do you remember that dream or what might have triggered it? What was the dream about? Was it a suppressed memory and did crying help younger over it?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM
This happen to menfors the first time this morning. It was about bullying, though I can't remember the exact details. It really must have struck a cord with me because I cried for about an hour after I woke up. I do feel much better. I think I just suppress a lot of my childhood and thismorning it just hit me like a ton of bricks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Yes, I have, yes I do remember the dream and why. A car accident, no and no

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Have you ever woken up from a dream crying? Do you remember that dream or what might have triggered it? What was the dream about? Was it a suppressed memory and did crying help younger over it?

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I dreamt about a baby boy.. The dream was so real that when I woke up I was crying because I was so happy to finally have my son in my dream.
Oh and that dream son is now 10 months old ;)
Yuriko_chan
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
When I wad pregnant I started crying in my sleep and it woke me up. I don't remember dreaming either.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:24 PM

yes I have. Its always the same dream. Very personal to me. 

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Yes. Often. I do remember what the dream is about---the subject matter changes, and sometimes they are childhood memories that haunt me. There are times when you just have to cry.

mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Yes...quite a bit....about my mom who died 10 years ago..

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes on one occasion. Its a fear I think most mother's have. I don't know what triggered the dream, because it was years after Hurricane Katrina, but we were right there again, with the water rushing down the streets, only I slipped and fell and my tiny little 5 month old daughter (who wasn't even conceived at the time) was ripped out of my arms...

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Now that's awesome!

Quoting Cbreland07:

I dreamt about a baby boy.. The dream was so real that when I woke up I was crying because I was so happy to finally have my son in my dream.

Oh and that dream son is now 10 months old ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I had a nightmare right after my dd was born. I don't know if it was hormonal or what but I was having lots of bad dreams right after she was born. I had a dream that she died & I woke up crying & shaking. The dream was very vivid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN