Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I tell my seven year old she doesn't have to use a car seat.

Posted by   + Show Post

She is a big girl now.

OK so I looked up what the restrictions were and my poor tall seven year old is still only 50 lbs.

Montana Child Car Seat Laws

• Kids under six or weighing less than 60 pounds must ride in a federally-approved safety seat or booster.
  • All other riders, regardless of age, must use a seat belt.

If you're in the market for one, you can shop online for a child car seat at any time. When ordering, be sure the car seat matches your child's height, weight and age.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

okaaaay

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mines 7 and he isn't in a carseat.

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
13 moms liked this

my daughter is 7. shes always asking "when can i stop using this car seat?" i tell her its not a car seat, car seats are for babies. its a booster. and if you like your head attatched to your little short body, you'll sit in it. or grow. whichever is easier for you.

NorseGodessMom
by ChaosLover on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

After the age of 5 none of my kids are in boosters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

ok?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

well now she is but I didnt even realize they changed the law recently last I looked, it was 50 lbs and a certain height. She is at 50 lbs but I believe she is required by law to still sit in a booster. She is really tall, and the top of her head is over the back of the seat in the car in a booster... Not sure that is normal....

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Not even a backless booster?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

exactly I love irratating them!

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

lol......you already know they are going to come in here and tell you she should be in a rear facing five point harness until she is 21.  

Closet_Case
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Sir and his wife dont do it for their daughter. Shes 7 and I keep my mouth shut
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hahahahahh!!

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

lol......you already know they are going to come in here and tell you she should be in a rear facing five point harness until she is 21.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)