Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I tell my seven year old she doesn't have to use a car seat.

Posted by   + Show Post

She is a big girl now.

OK so I looked up what the restrictions were and my poor tall seven year old is still only 50 lbs.

Montana Child Car Seat Laws

• Kids under six or weighing less than 60 pounds must ride in a federally-approved safety seat or booster.
  • All other riders, regardless of age, must use a seat belt.

If you're in the market for one, you can shop online for a child car seat at any time. When ordering, be sure the car seat matches your child's height, weight and age.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM

she is seven and weighs about 50 lbs but she is really freaking tall

Quoting partingwhisp853:

what state do you live in and how much does she weigh? in wisconsin if a child is under 8 and under i think 100 pounds they have to be in a booster. 

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Acid
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Damn, you beat me to it.

Let's not forget that they should booster train after 21.

Quoting NunyaBizzness:

lol......you already know they are going to come in here and tell you she should be in a rear facing five point harness until she is 21.  

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
So she's in a booster?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM

lets face it, my way is smartest. If they are forward facing they smash their face on the cage. If backwards facing they will harm their rear end. If sideways they will just gracefully bounce off :D

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

jaw drop

Quoting thetrollcat:

neither, sideways *winks*

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

the important question is though, is the carrier facing forward or backwards?

Quoting thetrollcat:

well what I do is put my kittens in the crate/carrier then I buckle them up using the seat belt through the top of the handle. Make its snug so they dont fly across the car :)

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

human or cat?

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
So you know it's illegal and do it anyway? Ok.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I saw that, I stated that several times. I didnt even know it changed until I finally decided to be nosey in a car seat post LOL. 

Quoting kitty8199:

Here the law is 8. Was 6 but they bumped it up two years ago.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I've been trying to tell my 5 year old the same thing but she's all "It's the law mommy, I have to!" Give me a break. I didn't approve those laws!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM

no booster I let her ride solo meow

Quoting VarelaClan:

So she's in a booster?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM

gurl I hear ya!

Quoting CarolinaGirl88:

I've been trying to tell my 5 year old the same thing but she's all "It's the law mommy, I have to!" Give me a break. I didn't approve those laws!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM

why yes I do, the only children I strap in is the fur babies

Quoting kitty8199:

So you know it's illegal and do it anyway? Ok.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I saw that, I stated that several times. I didnt even know it changed until I finally decided to be nosey in a car seat post LOL. 

Quoting kitty8199:

Here the law is 8. Was 6 but they bumped it up two years ago.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM
That actually does make sense.

Quoting thetrollcat:

lets face it, my way is smartest. If they are forward facing they smash their face on the cage. If backwards facing they will harm their rear end. If sideways they will just gracefully bounce off :D

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

jaw drop

Quoting thetrollcat:

neither, sideways *winks*

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

the important question is though, is the carrier facing forward or backwards?

Quoting thetrollcat:

well what I do is put my kittens in the crate/carrier then I buckle them up using the seat belt through the top of the handle. Make its snug so they dont fly across the car :)

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

human or cat?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)