Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New with a confession. I think im ready to have my son institutionalized

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 174 Replies
My son was diagnosed with Autism when he was 3.Last year he was also diagnosed with ODD and ADHD. Every since he was 5 years old he would have violent outbursts. They were so bad that my ex-husband wanted him institutionalized after we had our daughter. He would violently attack her if we held her or if she made sudden movements. My husband walked out on us and took our daughter with him. After a court battle which my ex showed pictures of my daughter's injuries that she got from her brother my home was deemed an unsafe environment and all custody was awarded to her father. He pays child support to me for our son but I haven't seen my daughter in 7 years. 4 months ago I had another baby and we have gone downhill from there. I have to hide myself in my room with my daughter if I want to hold her because if I don't he'll attack us. He'll grab on to me and bite me along with headbutting me and just trying his hardest to hurt me.

In 2011 I lost everything I had after he attacked a little girl.
You can read about it in the Autism support group.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775/forums/read/18685043/Everyine_hates_my_son_and_I_because_of_what_he_did_2_years_ago_I_have_no_one_on_my_side_long_winded_

I lost friends, family and work because I sat frozen in fear while he attacked a little girl. I almost lost my freedom and son but the judge was lenient enough to let us both go free if I took my son to his various therapies and ABA daily for the rest of his life(or until he turns 18). That is one of the biggest problem among my ex-friends. They feel that we weren't "punished" enough. If it was up to them he would have the electric chair and I the lethal injection. 2 years later the friends and family of the little girl still hound me on FB.

I am beginning to think that it is time for my son to go to an inpatient facility. I do love him, but I live in constant fear that I will lose another daughter to his violence. I want him to get the help he needs and I am obviously not giving it to him.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM
11 moms liked this
Why did you have another child knowing full well the child you have now is capable of killing a child?

Does his doctors think he needs to be institutionalized?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM

How old is he now? Why didn't he get help for his outbursts as a child?

4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

He should be institutionalized. And for not seeing your own daughter for 7 years? That is incredibly sad. Do something NOW before tragedy strikes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM
This. I wouldn't have another baby knowing my son is a danger to children...

Quoting Roxygurl:

Why did you have another child knowing full well the child you have now is capable of killing a child?

lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM
This. Why in the world would you endanger another baby.

Quoting Roxygurl:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
10 moms liked this

If you honestly do not feel you are capable to give him the love, guidance, and support he needs to give HIM the best life possible....Then you will be making a very hard and LOVING choice to give him up to people who CAN.

You are not a failure.

You're doing the right thing for yourself, your daughter, and most importantly: your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Id institutionalize him. I may not have popular opinion but I think its the best especially with him getting older. He coukd end up being one of those kids who shoots up a school or mass murders people in some sort of way
Mom2TnT2013
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I didn't plan having my daughter. I got pregnant and I had to suffer the consequences

They think he is a 'peculiar case' and told me he could benefit from inpatient therapies opposed to the outpatient ones he is receiving now.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I.am.Betty
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
so he killed the girl he attacked?
LawdHaveMercy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Clicky?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN