Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE We're broke. Can you buy us some dinner?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

Now, we're not the richest family in the world. But, eh, we do what we can with what we have. So, I'm visiting my parents. I just got here today. My mom came to me and asked me if I could buy them some dinner because they didnt have money. So, of course, I said "SURE!". I went out and bought them food, only to come home and realize they purchased a SHIT TON of alcohol while I was gone. I'm SO pissed. You can buy alcohol, but you can't buy food?! My husband and I don't have unlimited funds, of course. That money could have gone to something else. I just feel like that was so selfish of them and I feel tricked. I almost want to return the food and go home, thats how mad I am. What would you do in this situation?

UPDATE: I just told my mom that I'm pissed because she knows we have tight funds and we have an infant, yet they took advantage of me. And she said "Fuck you bitch."

UPDATE: Packing my shit and going home.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Return the food. But I'm a bitch like that.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM
9 moms liked this
Pack my food in a cooler & haul ass
partingwhisp853
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Now, we're not the richest family in the world. But, eh, we do what we can with what we have. So, I'm visiting my parents. I just got here today. My mom came to me and asked me if I could buy them some dinner because they didnt have money. So, of course, I said "SURE!". I went out and bought them food, only to come home and realize they purchased a SHIT TON of alcohol while I was gone. I'm SO pissed. You can buy alcohol, but you can't buy food?! My husband and I don't have unlimited funds, of course. That money could have gone to something else. I just feel like that was so selfish of them and I feel tricked. I almost want to return the food and go home, thats how mad I am. What would you do in this situation?

my question is this, are they alcoholics? sounds like it. i would not buy them food again

I should know better, but here I am-Sati
dalbax2
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Pack up the food and take it home w/ you.

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I would just let it go and next time they ask (because they will ask) say no. Do not give a reason as to why you are saying no, but just no. They will get pissed gut at least you know you are not losing money over a lie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Return the food and go home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I would take the food and leave and tell them to enjoy their liquid diet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Return the food/ or keep it for yourself and leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I would make a few snide comments and not buy them anything again.

LoveNaCupcake
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I would have served them alcohol for dinner, if that's what they wanna buy then they can have it for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)