Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Overreaction? I might call the cops on him...Tiny update in comments

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 43 Replies

I asked my dad for his help with my car because the A/C started to defult. My brother loves to mess with stuff so he decided to jump in and try and help. That's fine when he has supervision around because he often has a mean streak that likes to screw things up on purpose when he's bored and wants attention (he's mentally ill) 
They got the car to start cooling off again, yay. He comes up to me while I'm by myself and tells me if I give him $40, he'll get a part for it to help it cool down even more. I told him no thank you and go to hang out with mom. He comes over and starts telling mom, right in front of me, that he's going to need the car to cash a check so that he can buy this part for my car and I'll pay him back later. I tell him "No, I already told you no, now drop it." He batters back and forth with mom about going to get this part (literally 6 times after we've told him no.) He finally says "Okay well, I'll just go cash the check then and come back.." After mom threatens to give him some house work to do if he was bored.

Now I know my brother doesn't just let things go this easy...he's shown that much before (on the day of my sister's babyshower when he flooded the kitchen trying to "fix the pipes" after mom already told him not to touch it).

I'm worried he'll try and "fix" my car the way he "fixed" things in the past, especially with how persistant he was being after we told him no so many times and to not even think about touching my car. 
So much so that if he does go along with it, DF says to call the cops on him to let him know just how serious we are.

Now I don't know if that's an overreaction or not...so let me ask y'all what you would do if this was your situation and he tried interfering with your car after the multiple "NO's" ? 

photo caitlyn_zps760e8bde.gif

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlefart
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM

bump

NorseGodessMom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM

uummm bump?

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep the car locked and your keys with you...

skittlefart
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Oh that I already plan on doing...but I'm seriously worried he'll actually break into it trying to do whatever the hell he wants to do with it. He gets that serious with these sort of things..

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM

And if he does call the cops. 

Quoting skittlefart:

Oh that I already plan on doing...but I'm seriously worried he'll actually break into it trying to do whatever the hell he wants to do with it. He gets that serious with these sort of things..

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM
This

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Kaliary
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would keep the car locked, and keep the keys in your pocket... if he decides to 'help' then yes, I would call the cops. 

pregnancy week by week

baby

skittlefart
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Smallish update:

So apparently I was right...he was going to try and fuck with it...he snuck off while mom and I were talking and told my dad what he was going through with it. Seriously contemplating calling them on his ass to teach him that No means NO. 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Your parents have seriously failed with him if he is allowed to continue to do this and cannot stop him. It is their job to control him and if he does touch your car, call the police. Its not an overreaction, he could cause someone to get hurt "fixing" things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM
what mental illness does he have? Do you live with your parents? Id hide the car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)