Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do these look alike??-- Marvin.....Marvin is Bob's "little" brother....update 6/25 w/ new pics

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 531 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

ORIGINAL POST:

The one on the left was Bob, oh how could we ever forget about Bob!

The one on the right is on my chiny chin-chin right now. I've started my regimen (clean with Hibicleins), hot pack every hour, started my antibiotic (Bactrim).....

This guy isn't feeling it!! He's still growing....he's moving up into my lip, down toward my neck and toward the right side of my face. I outlined it this morning about 10am (seen in pic as the smaller circle) and when I saw it was swollen further, outlined again at 5p (again, in pic as larger outline).

Fml!!

Guess what sucks 8,000x more? I no longer have insurance so going to the doctor or being admitted is the last thing I want to do so I'll try this on my own.

So...as appropriate; name this bitch!

Update #1:

Off to the ER. The pain is unreal and it's gotten bigger. My "fever" is back down, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, my teeth hurt, my face on the right is tingly, my chest hurts and I feel sick. I attribute the last two, to anxiety. Seriously though, I can't open my mouth!

Welp, I'm about to get a shot of Clyndamicin (sp?) and sent on my way home. Exactly what I expected to happen with this doc. She glanced, said shot and they'd have me out very soon.

UPDATE #2:

Lol, what a waste of a few thousand dollars, which is exactly why I didn't want to go in. The doctor gave me the shot of Clindamycin, a prescription for Bactrim (even after I told her I've been taking it and it's still spreading), Bactrim ointment and Tramadol. Lmfao. Looks like I'll be septic by Monday when I see my PCP.

UPDATE #3: VERY GROSS AND GRAPHIC

I think it's a good one. Through the excruciating pain and desperation, I took matters into my own hands. I pushed on it and a little pus came out. It was stuck on the scab and hard but then by that time, I threw up twice and had to keep myself from passing out so I just said eff it and teased it and a chunk came to the surface of the hole. I got the scab off but the pus didn't want to come out. I forced it out and I washed it with Hibecliens, put a fresh gauze and bandaid on it and scrubbed the shit out of my hands. Now, I worry because I did this with Bob and the next day I was admitted. I'm not sure of the pain level right now bc my adrenaline is through the roof and I still feel super dizzy and weak from the pain on top of the abscess pain. I took another pain pill and laying back down.

I had to do something. There is no way I can deal with this pain for 2 more days and since the damn doctor didn't feel like doing anything, I had to. Now, lets just hope that it'll start healing and I'll notice a difference in the morning. If it's spread in the morning, back to the ER I'll go.

Cross your fingers!

UPDATE #4
Well, I have an appointment to see my PCP in an hour. I'm very weak and woozy and nauseated when I'm out of bed. My temp. is on a slow increase and it's reached 100.6 so I'm nervous.

I have decided to name this guy Marvin. Lol.

I have my bag packed for the hospital, just in case. The pain is becoming increasingly worse and the swelling has reached the other side of my face. I haven't eaten in almost 3 days, other than half milkshake my mom got for me and it's hard to sip out if a straw or open my mouth enough to get food in, chewing, forget about it. So, I'm also pretty dehydrated and those who know me, knows how much water I typically drink in a day.
I'll update later.

UPDATE #5:
Sorry this post is getting nuts, if I can get myself out of bed long enough to get my laptop plugged in, I'll make each update a different color and I apologize for anyone who have been waiting on an update. Well, I'm NOT admitted. He said he doesn't feel like we're there yet. Um. What? Ok....
He gave me a shot of Rocephine and a prescription for Percocet's since the Lortab and Tramadol made me bsc itchy. My fever of course when MIA when he checked it but has been in the 99's-100's since I got home. I've been throwing up and still unable to actually eat. My sweet mama keeps bringing me milkshakes, knowing i'm not allowed to have them but I have had two, lol. She brought me one this afternoon and I had maybe a sip (bc it's painful to sip out of the straw) and ended up falling back asleep. I'm just so freaking sick. I don't remember Bob making me this sick and I had a cold with Bob, I was fine before Marvin. I've lost 5lbs in these 3 days, to-boot which yay, I guess but I'm losing my muscle mass that I've worked so hard for! Not being in the gym is killing me!!! Lol. I think I've been awake a whole 4 hours total since Friday night, that's how much I've been sleeping. If I get up and walk out into the kitchen, I can only stand for 5 or 10 mins before I feel like I'm going to pass out or throw up. PCP said to watch the redness, well the redness is staying where it is, just everywhere around it is swelling....I'm pretty sure that isn't normal. He said if I get a fever that doesn't break or if the redness gets to the other side of my face, in two or three days, he'll admit me. My mom came to my appointment since I have an issue speaking and she looked at me like "wtf??". So, here I am....continue to sit here and wait for something to work.

UPDATE #6:

Today, I'm shockingly feeling a lot better. Again, I always say that under the influence of a pain killer, so....we'll see how I'm actually doing in a few hours. This morning I woke up in such pain, I was thinking, "FUCK, it's worse" but I was suprised when I took the bandaid off. Marvin was still draining, YAY! I mooshed him some more and as I did that, with NO pain meds since 10pm last night, I went DOWN.....and hit my head on my desk as I went down. LOL They don't call it "Tonya's luck" for nothing. I fell back asleep and then had to go drop my doggie off to get his buddies chopped off and that was not fun! He popped me in the face a few times and I about died, at least I felt that way! I took a Percocet about 10:30ish and got a shower...btw, need a few extra pounds to lose? Not be able to open your mouth is a GOOD way! I haven't felt too sick today, woohoo and kind of feeling a little more like myself. I'm still le-blah but I feel like I have a little more energy so, I started the disinfecting process before my shower....that was enough and now I'm down for the count again. So, here are the pictures and Marvin is done draining for now. There is still a lot of pus left deep in there that I can see but he's starting to scab over....hopefully it'll be a good thing and not a bad one of him deciding to grow. I haven't had a fever all day, score and Marvin is looking much, much smaller. Unfortunately, I wish that meant that the swelling was going down, not so much and that's the part that hurts the most. BOOO! Anyway, time to lay down.

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Umm idk

"You have to know the rules to break them"

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Wow looks so painful! I kind of remember the last time.. That was a big deal:( good luck girl

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Lol it's a joke; they are identical.

Quoting zeenah:

Umm idk

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM
This one is Bob type of pain. It hurts to open my mouth, to talk. It throbs and burns when nothing is touching it and just like Bob, this asshole is making me sick :(

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

Wow looks so painful! I kind of remember the last time.. That was a big deal:( good luck girl

fstysxofthebtt
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM

What is it?

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Georgetta

Kitschy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM

What is causing this? OMG you poor thing.

little.wise.owl
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I hate to sound ignorant but what happened. That looks so painful! =(

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

WTF is that?

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Dear Bob was an abscessed sebaceous cyst that had MRSA....

Seems to me, this may be a repeat.

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

What is it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN