Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is this world coming to? So freaking RUDE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 133 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm sure you've all seen this or heard about it but holy crap...when did it become okay to text someone how unhappy you are with the wedding gift they gave you?  Not to mention the fact that this chick (bride) told the guy that most people "give envelopes" nowadays.  Total classless behavior.  If you haven't read the story:

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/wedding-gift-basket-sparks-epic-text-war--the-battle-over-cheap-presents--183304420.html

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3845206-have-your-say-about-the-firestorm-over-a-wedding-gift/

I just would never do that in a million years...no matter how "bad" the gift.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flashbranding
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM
So incredibly tacky!! I would keep my mouth shut and just use the gift!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I know, right? I couldn't believe the texts from the brides...and then she topped off her endearing little text with a smiley face! Ugh.

Quoting flashbranding:

So incredibly tacky!! I would keep my mouth shut and just use the gift!

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I read about this earlier, the brides are ungrateful bitches, since when does a gift have to pay your way at their wedding? If someone invited me to a wedding and expected my gift to cover their expenses I would have told them to piss off. The whole "money to start their new life together" pshhh If they had half a brain they wouldn't need people to help them start their life together.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Bridezilla times two.....now that's a valid argument against same sex marriage right there ;)

nelliesmommy
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM
tacky
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Exactly. The whole thing is just asinine.

I don't know that I've ever been to a wedding where only envelopes were given.  I saw it once in Goodfellas but other than that I thought people still gave gifts!

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I read about this earlier, the brides are ungrateful bitches, since when does a gift have to pay your way at their wedding? If someone invited me to a wedding and expected my gift to cover their expenses I would have told them to piss off. The whole "money to start their new life together" pshhh If they had half a brain they wouldn't need people to help them start their life together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Seriously.  I'm all for equal rights in marriage but there should be a law that only ONE crazy bride can exist per wedding.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Bridezilla times two.....now that's a valid argument against same sex marriage right there ;)

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM

right? that whole snarky remark about giving gifts hasn't been done since the 50's? bitches are crazy

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly. The whole thing is just asinine.

I don't know that I've ever been to a wedding where only envelopes were given.  I saw it once in Goodfellas but other than that I thought people still gave gifts!

Quoting Irenesmommy:

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM

thought the same thing when i read the article

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN