Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thank god I was not......***edit**

Posted by   + Show Post

Thank god I was not born a male. My parents wanted to name me Christopher Robin.

My mom wanted Misty Dawn for a girl until her sister stole it. What god awful name did your parents think about naming you or did?

EDIT *** could have been worse. Kim K named her baby girl North West and Holly Madison named her girl Rainbow*** Oy Vey what the hell!!

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
tysmommy98
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I knew a girl named Misty Dawn. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miisha
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM
That's. my name but spelled Jaime.

Quoting areles:

my father was CONVINCED i was going to be a boy.  my name was supposed to be jamie.

he couldn't deal with my lack of a penis, and ignored me till my mom left him when i was three.

so, you know.

but yeah, jamie.

Bauxite-17
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM

If I was a boy, my mother was going to name me Gilligan. She went through this weird phase where she was obsessed with Laura Ingles-Wilder, and Gilligan's Island....But I don't think my dad would have let that happen.

AnnieChristian
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Mom wanted to name me MARTIKA, after her favorite 80s pop singer...Anastasia was supposed to be the middle name.

Dad wanted to name me after him regardless of whether I was a boy or girl-MERRILL.

Instead,I got named after a child witch from a TV show, only because my dad had said he HATED the name and my middle name is same as my aunt who my dad hated as well. Obviously, my mom was very, very mad at him when I was born...

I should have just been named Spiteful lol.
SSweetcupcake
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM
If I were to have a girl I would want to name here that. Husband doesn't agree

Quoting Devious333:

My dad wanted to name me Constance lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
If I was a boy it would have been Anikan Sky my last name was Walker :/
areles
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM

i guess.  never bothered me nearly as much as it did my mother.  as an adult, i can see why, but at the time i was sorta meh about it, and still am.

the one thing i resent is the fucking cowboy wallpaper i had to stare at in my bedroom from birth to three years old.  and yes, i remember it.

he was so excited for a son, spent a weekend putting it up while my mom was pregnant.  then never entered that room again, but wouldn't let my mom replace it.

weird situation.

Quoting ghwannabe:

How sad.

Quoting areles:

my father was CONVINCED i was going to be a boy.  my name was supposed to be jamie.

he couldn't deal with my lack of a penis, and ignored me till my mom left him when i was three.

so, you know.

but yeah, jamie.

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM
My mother wanted to name me peppermint patty. Thank goodness my dad didn't let that happen.
areles
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

i'm pretty relieved i didn't end up a boy named jamie, tbh.

Quoting miisha:

That's. my name but spelled Jaime.

Quoting areles:

so, you know.

but yeah, jamie.

AJ-47
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I wish my bio parents had named me Kaitlyn (their original choice). Instead, they stuck me with a name that doesn't suit me, is overly popular, has a jacked up spelling, and can be made fun of in so many ways.
Thank goodness for hubs; he gave me my nickname (AJ) and it's all I answer to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN