Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

selling a gift

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:39 AM
  • 34 Replies
Hey gals I've got a question. I was give a woven wrap from a friend as a gift. Well ive tried for months to wear it. Seriously tried every way it's just too long on me. So I've put it on a selling site shes seen it and got upset. And asked for it back. But I don't think I should have to give it back it was a gift and I do want a wrap I just can't use this one I plan on buying another with the money. What do you think? For those of you who don't know what a wrap is it's for baby wearing.
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Bump
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM
She can buy it back. Ha!!

She's being ridiculous. Could you get another one from her thats more your size, like a trade, since you plan on getting a new one anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I think you approached the situation in the wrong way. You should have told your friend that it was too big and you couldn't use it and gone from there. I would be offended if I found out someone was trying to sell my gift that I put a lot of thought into.

If it were me I would give the gift back to my friend and just use my own money to buy a new wrap.

jmo

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM
It's yours! You can do whatever you want with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

ughhh you should have made sure she wasn't in the group you were attempting to sell it on! Sigh lol. Did you just try telling her that it's too big? maybe she can alter it for you?

junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM
It wasn't a lot of thought gift. She said she couldn't use it so she offered it to me. I offered her money she wouldn't accept any of it!

Quoting ballerina18:

I think you approached the situation in the wrong way. You should have told your friend that it was too big and you couldn't use it and gone from there. I would be offended if I found out someone was trying to sell my gift that I put a lot of thought into.

If it were me I would give the gift back to my friend and just use my own money to buy a new wrap.

jmo

junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:51 AM
I talked to her about it and did tell her its too big . She didn't like it in the first place I didn't think it was something to hide

Quoting Anonymous:

ughhh you should have made sure she wasn't in the group you were attempting to sell it on! Sigh lol. Did you just try telling her that it's too big? maybe she can alter it for you?

junebaby11
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Id do that but I don't think she has any she'll trade because shes starting a baby wearing course and now wants this for a demo which im frustrated. Because I think this is beyond rude asking for it back

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

She can buy it back. Ha!!

She's being ridiculous. Could you get another one from her thats more your size, like a trade, since you plan on getting a new one anyways.

FlyingHottie
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Is it large enough of a wrap you can get it cut in to two wraps? 

Mom2girls24
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:55 AM
I agree

Quoting BeAmour:

It's yours! You can do whatever you want with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)