Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When do you stop being a SAHM?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 288 Replies
at what age of yours kids do you stop being one and go into the work force or does DH make a enough to entitle you to stay home?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM
8 moms liked this
Entitle? Really? Stop when you want or need to go back to work. If I ever make it to sahm status I'll do it as long as I want to. As long as our finances allow. So far at the rate we are going I could be a sahm for a long time.
NieceS
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM
18 moms liked this

My dh is a sahd. I asked him to quit working. I make more money and he is a great dad.  He loves it and is relieved that the kids don't have to go to daycare.  I am relieved he didn't get offended. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM
My DH is a SAHD and I went back to work 12 weeks after DD was born.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Quoting NieceS:

My dh is a sahd. I asked him to quit working. I make more money and he is a great dad.  He loves it and is relieved that the kids don't have to go to daycare.  I am relieved he didn't get offended. lol

my dh's friend is a sahd too, his wife makes good money, however on the weekends he does work at the local Walmart. < they have 6 kids>
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM
27 moms liked this

I'll simply transition from a stay at home mom to a stay at home wife.  Dh makes enough for me to do that.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
5 moms liked this

I will go back when all the kids are in school full time. Until then I'm home, I won't put my kids in daycare unless its a last resort and there are no other options.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I'll simply transition from a stay at home mom to a stay at home wife.  Dh makes enough for me to do that.

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:07 AM
3 moms liked this

ill stay at home  and  make sure the kids have help at school ( by volunteering) and being home when the kids get home. My mother was a single mom and worked b60+ hours a week.. i want to make sure my kids get quality  time with me and any help they need with school and after school activities. Ill stay home till i get bored and find a part time job or a part time place to volunteer at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I'm not sure. I mean I'll still stay home for their first few years of school so I can be there for that. My parents worked 1 1/2 hours away from home so they never got to go on any field trips with me. I don't want my girls to miss that too.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I am a sahm forever.
DH feels because of cultural beliefs and our religious beliefs that he is the one to financially provide form our family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)