Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paula Deen's show has been yanked from the TV Food Network

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Her career is finished, I hope she has enough money to keep up her lifestyle.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (211-220):
Babygirl9609
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Oh wow. She got fired for that? That's stupid. There is racism all over the Damn world. Not just against black people. Jeez people get over it.
pinkdragon36
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM

It wasn't blacks who complained. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

And let's not forget Wendy Williams, who went on a televised rant about Paula Deen.  Gotta keep Wendy's big mouth shut and happy.  From everything that I've read, (and I've read a lot) Paula was "caught" using the n-word years ago by someone on her staff.  She admitted that she used the word in the past and apologized for it.  I would like you to find one white person from her generation who was raised in the South, especially Georgia, who hasn't at one time or another used some racial slur or even more specifically the n-word.  While we have come to realize that this word is not acceptable, I still hear other slurs being bandied about such as Degoes, Wops, Hunkies, Polocks, Spics, etc and while some people of these backgrounds are offended, you never hear these slurs being referred to as the d-word, the w-word, the h-word, the p-word, or the s-word, respectively.  The words are used and people just get over it.  

star33
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM

i didn't hear the comment,just got a gist from the comments here.i feel if it wasn't on her show then it's none of their business.ramsey is crazy.lol.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I honestly think people are going way crazy for something that's not a big deal. She apologized; and has never said anything racist on her show right? It's sad that one stupid comment at her restraunt ruined her career. Yet Ramsey is a complete douche ALL the time to people and he's famous for it

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Her career is finished, I hope she has enough money to keep up her lifestyle.

I'm more worried for the food network, they're getting some heat and loosing viewers left and right...
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I just hope her line of product gets reduced so I can get some new pots and pans for cheap!

Qmama206
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

serves her right! racism is never okay. 

averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Why'd she get cancelled?

onw87i
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Very true... But what did she say?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I missed something... but every one is freaking out because she made a racist joke/comment; OFF air right? I mean aren't we going a little overboard here? And she apologized. Other tv personalities have said much worse... on air

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
She deserves it by treating those people the way she did. She reinforces a bad stereotype of us southerners by calling people the "n" word and planning a "plantation style" wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured