Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting Funny Looks From People

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

make me crack up i swear. 

I just had a JW at my door. 

She started talking to me about peace and world leaders. 

I told her this wasnt a good time. 

She said "well i need to talk to about being saved"

i told her "i am pagan i do not share your beliefs."

She then tried asking me something about hell. 

I told her if she wanted to talk to someone about this i have a ghost she can talk to. 

I wish i could have taken a pic of her face.  lol

I have nothing against JW, or anything. but when i say this is not a good time, dont keep pushing. lol

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Awesome! I would hate to be in a religion where you have to go door to door bothering people.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

so would i. i mean i know they are trying to spread their word but when someone clearly states they are of a different religion and this is not the time.................. go away.  lol

i love talking religion. but now is not the time. you know

Quoting Anonymous:

Awesome! I would hate to be in a religion where you have to go door to door bothering people.

ajdahd13
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I had a JW come to my door once, but she was really nice and just gave me a Watchtower magazine, and said how much she like my dog. Lol
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

i have an ex relative who is a JW and we had amazing talks. but there is a time and place.  lol

Quoting ajdahd13:

I had a JW come to my door once, but she was really nice and just gave me a Watchtower magazine, and said how much she like my dog. Lol

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM

When my son was a newborn, there where 2 of them that kept coming to the door at 6am and waking him up, they came everyday. So by the end of the week I had had it, I was breastfeeding my baby and again they knocked, I unlatched my son, but the milk kept flowing, they dont just shut off ya know! I answered the door, hair standing up and milk squirting through my shirt and running to my knees,screaming baby in the background, I said, "Can I help you?" They said I look busy, left and never came back!

Jenn_A
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

They can be pushy! Love debating with them, but I know what you mean about right time. They always stop by when the kids are a mess and not wearing clothes, and everything in my house just went really wrong!

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting ahappymommy:

When my son was a newborn, there where 2 of them that kept coming to the door at 6am and waking him up, they came everyday. So by the end of the week I had had it, I was breastfeeding my baby and again they knocked, I unlatched my son, but the milk kept flowing, they dont just shut off ya know! I answered the door, hair standing up and milk squirting through my shirt and running to my knees,screaming baby in the background, I said, "Can I help you?" They said I look busy, left and never came back!

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

ikr!

plus we are packing to move.  dh is in the er.  has been hospitalized 2 times in the last 2 weeks.  just no right now.  lmao!

Quoting Jenn_A:

They can be pushy! Love debating with them, but I know what you mean about right time. They always stop by when the kids are a mess and not wearing clothes, and everything in my house just went really wrong!

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
They cross lines sometimes.
I was holding DS as I answered the door.
They said something like did I ever wonder how I will survive the end of the world, and said "your baby is going to grow up in a pretty bad world"
I just smiled and said I don't think that and have a nice day. But that upset me. Because I don't think that. Why bring my baby in to your stuff???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grnyann65
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have anything against JW's either, unless they're trying to push their views on my while standing on MY front porch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)