Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd ran away 2 days ago.....*update*update again*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 107 Replies

and i didnt find out until now....she went to spend time with her dad and his family,and i guess while she was there she ran away with some guy,i didnt find out until her friend called me and told me.....i called her cell phone non stop for 8 hours,it was turned off. then finally she called me,it was short but this is what she said to me "im fine,dad was acting weird and i just couldnt stay there anymore,im with Jake,we're just driving and camping,i gotta go though my phones going to die" and then she hung up,jake is our neighbors son,he's 19 and they grew up together......idk what to do,shes almost 18 and has graduated already,she has enough skills from doing extra classes at school that she can work in an office building and shes even cpr certified......i just dont know what to think or do

update:i talked to jakes parents,they didnt know he took her with him. all they know is he said he was going on a road trip and that he'd call when he could,they heard from him last night like i head from my dd but nothing else. when i asked where the first place they were going was his mom said "he had a map to Tahoe up a couple days before he left,maybe thats where they are now". so i went back home and i traced my dd's call from last night and it was from a little town right before you get into tahoe.....at least i know where she is now....but i still dont know where else they are going.i hope she calls me soon

update again:she called me again!she hid her phone in the campground bathroom and let it charge all night,anyway so i asked what her dad did and she said "he was hammered the entire time i was there,kept putting his hands on my knees and thighs and it just creeped me out,plus uncle doug was being a creeper and stood outside of my door while i changed.....i called jake to come and get me and take me somewhere to get away from everything so he invited me on his road trip. im sorry i didnt call you mom,i just didnt want everybody fighting again, im safe though.youve taken me on enough camping trips to Tahoe,i know what to do if something goes wrong. i'll text you everyday and i'll try to call you every night,we should be home at the end of july" we said we love each other and she said they were going to go swim and that she'd text me later....i feel relieved slightly,but im still a little worried

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
She is almost 18 there isn't much you can do. Hope she gets her phone charged and calls you back. I'm sure age will be back in a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quoting momoftwo0406:

She is almost 18 there isn't much you can do. Hope she gets her phone charged and calls you back. I'm sure age will be back in a few days.

i hope so

Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

yikes! How sudden and scary. At least she called you though. And she gave you a lot of detail so I;m sure she's ok, and do you know Jake? Is he a good guy? Have you heard from her since?

wildlilacs
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Try to find out why dad was acting weird. Have you talked to him to find what happened?
Shes nearly 18. All you can do it wait till she calls you back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM
How far is her dads? Maybe she is on her way home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Owl_Feather:

yikes! How sudden and scary. At least she called you though. And she gave you a lot of detail so I;m sure she's ok, and do you know Jake? Is he a good guy? Have you heard from her since?

Jake is my neighbors son, and he is a good guy. but no i havent heard from her since last night

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

her dads is only a half an hour from my house,where she called me is 4 hours from here

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM
There nothing much you can do. Trust you raised her good enough for her to make the right decisions. Of course there's always the nature part of the child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Have you talked to Jakes parents? Maybe they will know more?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

her dads is only a half an hour from my house,where she called me is 4 hours from here

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you talked to Jakes parents? Maybe they will know more?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

iv tried this morning but they arent home,i have to try when they get home from work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)