Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sooo strange

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
My sd has been bugging me for weeks to take her up the street to play with a friend. I was off Friday and decided it'd be a good day. I took her up there and figured because her friends bother is kind of friends with dd I'd take too. The mom answers the door I told her the girls wanted to play. Sds friend came running out the boy came out with his cat. Dd told him she used to be allergic to cats and he went back in to put the cat away. I was shocked he never came out again. Then the mom never cane out the girl invited us to play in her back yard I didn't want to leave because I didn't know the parents well and if the girls wanted to come home they'd have to cross a busy street by themselves. So I stayed and thenI realized the mom or the son wd re not going to come out so I decided I was ready to go because it was strange. I told the gir we were going to the water park and told sd to say goodbye.
Was I wrong in this stituation? Sd is going back to bms today I was thinking about going up there again with dd in hopes that maybe the lady who answered the door wasn't there mom. I've met their dad and he was pretty talkative so maybe that was a sitter or a sister. What do you all think?
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Lol that was kind of weird how they didn't come out. If that was me i would have come outside and got to know you especially if your kid likes to play with my kid
MrsMiles85
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I agree, I would have found that a bit strange.  I would have been put off definitely.  I like knowing the parents of my childrens friends.  We already have something in common and is the breaking ground for friendships.  But I'm nosy so I probaly would have just asked why they weren't coming outside lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Maybe mom is shy.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Did you guys not all introduce yourselves? How strange.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I still kind of wonder if she was really mom she looked much younger then her husband. I mean its possible but I'm hoping it was an older sister or a sitter because the girls get along wIth these kids at school and I was hoping to make friends. Lol I know its nerdy but I don't know anyone in the area and its going to be a boring summer other wise.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe mom is shy.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Well I said the girls v would like to play with *kids names* before I could do anything she turned around and yelled at her kids.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Did you guys not all introduce yourselves? How strange.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Should I try again.
Seximama89
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I don't really see anything strange about it .
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Maybe the woman who answered was having a bad day. I get migraines and am unintentionally rude when I feel bad. Maybe they're used to people who are ridiculous about their "cat allergies". My own grand mother claimed she couldn't hug my dd after she was holding my cat because she is sooo allergic (even though she was here 2 days before she realized I had a cat). Maybe the boy got distracted and didn't come out because he was doing something else. Maybe the mom and boy thought you were only there to see the girl since you only have girls or maybe moms a jealous bitch and didn't like you cuz you're pretty lol... Who knows... Could be a million things... I'd try again and maybe initiate a conversation with the mom, see how that goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM
It's kind of strange. But you did show you at her doorstep unannounced. Maybe she was in the middle of something and felt inconvenienced.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)