Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My baby shower is for me and my baby not SIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 214 Replies
1 mom liked this

My best friend is throwing me a baby shower for mine and DH's second child, first boy though. I am so excited, the Shower is next week, I am due August 2and. SIL is due at the end of August.

DH's family have decided that it is mine and SIL's shower. The invite specifically say the shower is for me but several of DH's family members have said they will be bringing a gift for SIL too. WHAT? It is my shower, they can give her a gift another time. SIL is encouraging it and keeps hinting that I make it a double shower.

No one is throwing her a shower, MIL is lazy and doesn't throw shower or things like that for people (DH never had a real birthday party as a kid) and her boyfriend's family aren't even interested in going to a shower because he already has 4 kids with 2 other women so they feel they have gone to enough showers.

SIL has also asked me for my DD's baby clothes and was angry when I said no. I am sick of her sense on entitlement and I am thinking about telling her she isn't invited to my shower, this way she can't make it about her.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

BUMP!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM
15 moms liked this

So why is it so hard for you to share your glory?
I feel bad for HER that nobody cares enough about her to throw her a shower of her own. 

What will you do when your kids also have to share love and attention with their new cousin?

You sound like a spoiled and entitled brat, get over yourself.

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM
5 moms liked this
That is incredibly rude of her and her family. Maybe she should not come. It's not for your friend to throw a shower for her also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Do what you gotta do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM
16 moms liked this
Call me heartless, but I agree with you :/. It would be different if a mutual family member was throwing you the shower and decided to do it jointly. But, since its your best friend that is throwing you the shower, it's only yours. I would definitely be telling her not to come at this point :/.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd be irriated to. It would be slightly understandable if a family member was throwing it for you. However since your friend is hosting it; your family is way out of line. I would probably have a shower just for my friends and my side of the family. That way you don't have to worry about people bringing your SIL presents.

EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I agree. Get the stick out your ass, OP.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

So why is it so hard for you to share your glory?
I feel bad for HER that nobody cares enough about her to throw her a shower of her own. 

What will you do when your kids also have to share love and attention with their new cousin?

You sound like a spoiled and entitled brat, get over yourself.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM
6 moms liked this
That's sad. Why wouldn't you throw a shower for her? That would solve both problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM
14 moms liked this

Wow... his family is making YOUR FRIEND throw a party for your SIL... how trashy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN