Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can I make my home presentable in 2 days? I'm not much of a homemaker, but i don't want my judgmental relatives to find out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

My daughters graduating high school on Monday.  We are all going out to eat at a restaurant afterwards, but they might come in before we go to the ceremony.  

I work full time, and I' d rather have fun than clean.  My house is cluttered and not as clean as it could be!  My bathroom and fridge are a mess!  I just feel like I don't have enough time to pull it off!  What would you focus on and do? Everythings a mess!

HELP!  I take care of myself and always look great, and i don't want anyone to know how bad i let the house get!  Especially my snotty SIL!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM

hire someone to come do a clean for 80 bucks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

"I'd rather have fun than clean"? How old are you?

D.O.E.
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

get a garbage bag and toss everything you never use, find homes for the stuff you do use

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

If you do a little cleaning everyday, it won't add up.  Also, there is a difference between a little clutter, and being dirty.  MAKE time and clean.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Pull everything out, throw away as much as you can, relegate spare furniture and clutter to closets and rooms you can close the doors to and pull them back out after they're gone.

Most people pay attention to the state of the floors, bathrooms, and kitchens more than anything else.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Scrub the bathroom-don't worry about the fridge.  You can put drinks out on a table (cans or cups with 2 liters).  Hide the "big chunks", freshly vacuum the floors.  Light candle for mood lighting--this will hide dust.

Finally WHO THE FREAK CARES it's your house! 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Teleport me there and I'll rock your world :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hire a maid.  I can't understand why cleaning is so intimidating.  Is it really that messy?

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Clean it lol.  Or hire so someone to do it for you. 2 days is more then enough time unless you are a hoarder

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Take that time to attack. Hardcore every few second.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)