Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can I make my home presentable in 2 days? I'm not much of a homemaker, but i don't want my judgmental relatives to find out!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My daughters graduating high school on Monday.  We are all going out to eat at a restaurant afterwards, but they might come in before we go to the ceremony.  

I work full time, and I' d rather have fun than clean.  My house is cluttered and not as clean as it could be!  My bathroom and fridge are a mess!  I just feel like I don't have enough time to pull it off!  What would you focus on and do? Everythings a mess!

HELP!  I take care of myself and always look great, and i don't want anyone to know how bad i let the house get!  Especially my snotty SIL!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Definitely do the bathroom and the area/s where people will be hanging out. No one should be just opening your fridge, so don't worry about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I love visiting friends with dusty, cluttered homes!  I feel bad about myself when I visit people with showroom type homes!  I could spend all my free time cleaning, and I still wouldn't have that!  UGH!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter, and son work on the weekends.  My hubby is working today!  UGH!

It's not as bad as hoarders, but some piles of stuff, and our house needs work!  And I need to sweep and mop!

I just feel overwhelmed!  i hate having anyone over!  Their houses are all so perfect!  UGH!

I feel that way too sometimes even though I know my house is not dirty and on average I think more organized and cleaner that most.  It's hard to not compare yourself to others.  I know a few who have showroom type homes, you know the type with the perfect vacuum marks in the carpet, never a speck of dust?  I don't know how they do it, but perhaps cleaning is all they do several times a day.  I don't judge when I visit people with cluttered dusty homes, why do I project that judgement back on myself??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Clean it or hire someone. It's really not hard to keep a house clean and I could never let my bathroom go. I will never get how people let their homes go. How bad is it really? Care to share a pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Starting is the hard part. Put away or throw away some clutter then do your floors. Make a goal...work for 2 hours. You'll be suprised how much you get done in that time.
wirehangers
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Move out and get a new place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
You made me feel like power cleaning my house today : ) I am getting up now to do it. My house isn't filthy, just cluttered and could use a good dusting and sweeping. It's just been so crazy because of summer. Off I go......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN