Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs, what do you do all day...?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 29 Replies
...to keep your kids busy and entertained?

I'm about to have the next six weeks off from work, so I'm pulling my 19 month old son out of daycare for the summer. But I worried about how to keep him happy at home all day. I signed us up for some programs at the local library, and I want to take him swimming, but I'm not sure what else to do with him. I just don't want him to get bored.
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackNwillsMOM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Read, puzzles, play outside, go on walks,and watch cartoons/movies. Some days can be more boring than others but I still enjoy every minute I get to spend with my kids:)
ProudMommaBear
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

my daughter is only 6mo so I'm not help with this...I just play with her, go outside, go for walks, read, and watch cartoons sometimes

pedritosmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I go on walks every day.  Sometimes, I go on walks with other stay at home moms as a group thing.  If it's warm, I get the kiddie pool out for him to play in.  I read him stories.  I let him watch a little tv, but not very much.  He naps, we eat.  While he's napping, I get stuff done, or take a nap myself.

pokemongirl0191
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I'm not sure i play with DD, Job Search online. (my SO is in school right now.) color with DD and watch cartoons with her. (her favrotie is Mickey mouse clubhouse.) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM

We do playdates

Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Paint, run, play outside, write with chalk, arts and crafts, read, play hide n seek.

I currently can't do any of it. I am bed ridden because of my broken ankle and this external fixation I have on it. I can be 30 min in my wheeled chair then my leg swells up really bad :(
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I kicked the munchkins outdoors.  We go to the park, play games, play with the dogs, etc.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM

We have a beach/lake around the corner from us. There are four other sahm's and kids on our block so we're always outside playing. We bake a lot. We have a pool out front. We go to playgrounds. Watch movies and have picnics. On rainy days we play with the Kinect on the Xbox.

There is so much to do at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM

They're old enough to entertain themselves. 

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I buy him toys. He self entertains. Easiest child ever.

But I also color with him, read him books, watch movies with him, take him to story time at the library, we have a summer pass to the water park, go the movies, we go on walks, or play outside/playground and of course play dates with other kids. Check out meetup.com for play groups in your area. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)