Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paula Deen said N****r behind closed doors, but blacks continue to say n***a

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 294 Replies
9 moms liked this

SOO HYPOCRITICAL!

GET THE FUCK OVER THE WORD. GET OVER GROWING UP HEARING THAT THE WORD IS BAD.  STOP SAYING ONE WORD AND SAYING WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T SAY THE OTHER!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP

DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM
12 moms liked this
Because Paula Deen is not black! I doubt you can't comprehend the difference and are just being incendiary.

If a person or group of people wants to use or 'reclaim" a word or phrase, it is different than others saying it (and intending for it to be inflammatory). Kind of like how my gay friend can call himself a "big queenie fag" but I sure wouldn't ... or I can call myself a big fat bitch, but that doesn't mean I want YOU to call me that!...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
6 moms liked this
She is accused of saying it in 2011. She denies it and it goes to a disposition where she is HONEST and says she has said it in the past. If she lied they would have found someone that heard her say it 30yrs ago and she would have a heck of a time proving she didn't say it in 2011. One of the times she admitted saying it was in the 80's after she was robbed at gunpoint describing what happened to her husband! Now I don't use that word, no one used it around me growing up and I wouldn't say it even if givin 'permission' from black friends but.......if I was robbed at gun point by someone that was black I might, MIGHT say to my husband in the privacy of our home 'I can't believe that NBEEP robbed me!!'
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
She's being sued for saying it at work
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM
12 moms liked this
Not every black person say the n word. My grandmother and mother never use the term. And my grandma is the same age as paula deen. Dont group ones action and caste onto an entire group. Its just the same as if i took paula deen use of the world and now say every white woman that can cook use the n word. Rappers dont represent an entire race just a genre of music. Im black and would never say the term in front of my grandma and she is black. Its complicated issue that was given to the black community not created by the black community. Dont say that shit to me or it will be problems. I have that respect for my grandma and she is black. She has the right to tell me what does and does not offend her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
10 moms liked this

THAT'S HYPOCRITICAL

Quoting DoofusAloofus:

Because Paula Deen is not black! I doubt you can't comprehend the difference and are just being incendiary.

If a person or group of people wants to use or 'reclaim" a word or phrase, it is different than others saying it (and intending for it to be inflammatory). Kind of like how my gay friend can call himself a "big queenie fag" but I sure wouldn't ... or I can call myself a big fat bitch, but that doesn't mean I want YOU to call me that!...

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM
5 moms liked this
To educate you on the topic. Why whites cant say it? In the seventies the black community had some youthful leaders that wanted to take the word away from its origin of negativity and degradtion. A way to take back the power the n word took. It was created by whites with the intent to demise the value of a black person. The role of taking the power back is by changing its meaning amongst each other and discontinue the usage of it from its orignal source. A white person. The definition of nigga is natural intelligent greatness given amazement. That can only be embrace amongst blacks. Some people do some people dont. But you cant say every black person use it. And to just get over it.m especially when i talk to my grandma and when she was my age she had to endure seating on the back of the bus. Constantly openly being called that word along with others. Having to go to segregated schools. She is still alive and she is till a person i love that was hurt. Her pain hurts me. Even though i couldnt be there. Its the same as if someone disrespect your grnamda right in front of you. So no i wont just get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

THAT'S HYPOCRITICAL

Quoting DoofusAloofus:

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM
12 moms liked this

I feel bad for her. She is human and all humans make mistakes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

IT IS HYPOCRITICAL. 100% HYPOCRITICAL. YOU DON'T WANT A WHITE PERSON TO SAY NIGGA THEN YOU AS A BLACK PERSON SHOULDN'T SAY IT. I'M SPEAKING HYPOTHETICALLY AND GENERALIZING.

Quoting CharmMom1216:

To educate you on the topic. Why whites cant say it? In the seventies the black community had some youthful leaders that wanted to take the word away from its origin of negativity and degradtion. A way to take back the power the n word took. It was created by whites with the intent to demise the value of a black person. The role of taking the power back is by changing its meaning amongst each other and discontinue the usage of it from its orignal source. A white person. The definition of nigga is natural intelligent greatness given amazement. That can only be embrace amongst blacks. Some people do some people dont. But you cant say every black person use it. And to just get over it.m especially when i talk to my grandma and when she was my age she had to endure seating on the back of the bus. Constantly openly being called that word along with others. Having to go to segregated schools. She is still alive and she is till a person i love that was hurt. Her pain hurts me. Even though i couldnt be there. Its the same as if someone disrespect your grnamda right in front of you. So no i wont just get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

THAT'S HYPOCRITICAL

Quoting DoofusAloofus:

NieceS
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

How? Because when we used it, it took the sting out of it. So according to you we should have let it continue to have the relevance white ancestry gave it. It should still have that context so you can feel justified when it's used.  She used it in it's historical context. Not as a modern euphemism of friend. There is a difference. But as long as a white person is offended by the change given to the word by the victims of the word, you will always have something to be a jerk about.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)