Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

asthma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

what does it feel like?

I have been having chest pains and breathing issues.  Not enough to go to the er... but I cant get into my doctor until the end of the week.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

it feels tight and the tightness makes it hard to get air in .it also makes your lungs fill with mucous witch makes you wheeze .its not fun ive had it all my life

elitish
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Wheezing and coughs, like your lungs aren't getting enough air. Drink caffeine and breathe through a cold washcloth to see if you can get natural relief that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

not tight.  more like a pressure in the middle of my chest. but hard to get a deep breath.  not mucousy.

Quoting babie113:

it feels tight and the tightness makes it hard to get air in .it also makes your lungs fill with mucous witch makes you wheeze .its not fun ive had it all my life

boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Like there's not enough room in your lungs to take a proper breath. Wheezing (in my case) light headed ness from lack of oxygen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

caffeine seems to aggravate it more.  but I will try the cold washcloth... thanks.

Quoting elitish:

Wheezing and coughs, like your lungs aren't getting enough air. Drink caffeine and breathe through a cold washcloth to see if you can get natural relief that way.

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

My middle baby has asthma, her's is stress induced so anything physical that she does may cause her to have a mild attack, that usually consists of very heavy breathing and a difficult time catching her breath.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM

not that.  more like im just not able to absorb all the air... i can get it in ok, but it doesnt seem to feel like im breathing it all.

Quoting boysrjoys2:

Like there's not enough room in your lungs to take a proper breath. Wheezing (in my case) light headed ness from lack of oxygen.

elitish
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this
If that's the case, it's likely not asthma but something with your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

caffeine seems to aggravate it more.  but I will try the cold washcloth... thanks.

Quoting elitish:

boysrjoys2
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I think you outta see someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

not that.  more like im just not able to absorb all the air... i can get it in ok, but it doesnt seem to feel like im breathing it all.

Quoting boysrjoys2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM

well, damn that would suck!

Quoting elitish:

If that's the case, it's likely not asthma but something with your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elitish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)