Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ready or not...please help me

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 25 Replies
I've been potty training my 18,month old twins. I no most of you will say that's to young, but they show a lot of the readiness signs. So here is my problem we keep them naked from waste down during day. They sit on the potty every 15 minutes for however long I can get them to sit there. On one occasion my DD sat there for about 30 minutes then got up and popped on the floor. On another occasion I was getting them ready for nap and put one of my DDS diaper and then the other the first went and sat on the potty with her diaper on and peed. I'm pretty sure she has done this more than once as well. Each occasion is with different DDS. So here's my question if they,are holding it in while on,the potty then going as soon as they get off does this mean they aren't ready, or does this mean their ready but just more stubborn.
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l0nely
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Bump
FlyingHottie
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It means they are not reddy

AmandaT89
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Dd sat there*
AmandaT89
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Bump
AmandaT89
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Bump
KimmieLu
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM
How long have you been training them? It can take a while for it to really sink in. Be patient with them.

Babies were potty trained much earlier before disposable diapers came along. Its possible. Keep working with them as long as they are being responsive to it. Don't rush it, just let it be part of your day.
AmandaT89
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
A week so far im being very patient with them

Quoting KimmieLu:

How long have you been training them? It can take a while for it to really sink in. Be patient with them.

Babies were potty trained much earlier before disposable diapers came along. Its possible. Keep working with them as long as they are being responsive to it. Don't rush it, just let it be part of your day.

FarmWife
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
They just aren't ready. They can show all the signs and still not be ready. My 8 yo DS showed all the signs and we started. It was a huge failure. Put away the underpants for about 3 months and tried again. That time it worked.
kate.oneill
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Not ready.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

They're not ready, but they will be soon, keep encouraging them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN