Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care about carseats

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies

So... I am well aware of all the laws and recommendations regarding car seats and I follow them.

My children stay rear facing until 40 pounds, etc.

But, when I see other people choosing to risk their children's lives by not following this, I don't care.

It doesn't bug me.

I am super annoyed by other things that are parenting taboos but not this one.

It's the one thing that doesn't bother me because I figure if you are dense enough not to care what happens to your kid in case of an accident, then you deserve to have a dead child because that is technically what you're asking for.

I know other parents who are horrified by that more so than parents that spank or refuse to attempt breastfeeding and I think they're weird.

I am amazed how intense and self-righteous the pro-carseat moms are. 

That is something that doesn't affect anyone else truly, unlike things like breastfeeding trends or raising spanked children, etc. 

Ya know?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Unless you want to buy me a convertible carseat shut up. Her high back booster seat is doing just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I let my kids ride without carseats sometimes.  Who the fuck are you to tell me how much I love my kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
My seven year old sits in the middle with no booster with just a lap belt..in the back seat. I talked to her dr about it and he said it's fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

So... I am well aware of all the laws and recommendations regarding car seats and I follow them.

My children stay rear facing until 40 pounds, etc.

But, when I see other people choosing to risk their children's lives by not following this, I don't care.

It doesn't bug me.

I am super annoyed by other things that are parenting taboos but not this one.

It's the one thing that doesn't bother me because I figure if you are dense enough not to care what happens to your kid in case of an accident, then you deserve to have a dead child because that is technically what you're asking for.

I know other parents who are horrified by that more so than parents that spank or refuse to attempt breastfeeding and I think they're weird.

I am amazed how intense and self-righteous the pro-carseat moms are. 

That is something that doesn't affect anyone else truly, unlike things like breastfeeding trends or raising spanked children, etc. 

Ya know?

A dead child, really? That's a little harsh don't you think?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Hmmmm....

Quoting Anonymous:

I let my kids ride without carseats sometimes.  Who the fuck are you to tell me how much I love my kids? 

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Your doctor is an idiot.

That is actually not safe for anyone - let alone a 7 year old.

Get some new advice - your child is not safe like that. There is a reason lap belts have been banned for years.

Quoting Anonymous:

My seven year old sits in the middle with no booster with just a lap belt..in the back seat. I talked to her dr about it and he said it's fine

Fatal_Frost
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I dont really care either, I just get a kick out of typing out things ive learned about carseats... doesnt botherme in the least if no one reads or comprehends it , I just like typing to see what I write
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM
He's actually a very good dr. When we were all younger we never had a seatbelt on.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Your doctor is an idiot.

That is actually not safe for anyone - let alone a 7 year old.

Get some new advice - your child is not safe like that. There is a reason lap belts have been banned for years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If they don't use them sometimes, what's the point of ANY time? Why not just leave them out of them. Do you agree they're needed or NOT?

And I agree with some of the sentiment of the op. As an educated emergency worker, as well as mother car seat lover, I support child passenger safety awareness and progression.

You either get it or no. Love your kids sure. Care about their safety? Obviously not. And yes I always post anon here. They shouldn't have given me the option lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Fatal_Frost
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM
3 moms liked this
lets just call this population control and move on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)