Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

question about getting off foodstamps

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
So, my dh is starting a new job after being out of work for the past year. After he starts we will no longer qualify for fs and cash assistance.

We get 668 a month in fs right now, but I've only been using 500 or so of it. Does anyone know if the extra money I have on my card will still be available once we no longer qualify or should is stock up now?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Bump
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Stock up now.

AprilDJC
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Stock up. But just because he gets a job doesn't mean you won't qualify at all. I brought home $1300 a month and still qualifies for $440 a month (family of 4).
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Yes once the money is released to you they wont take the remaining amount away. they will just cut off future benefits

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

stock up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

We had ours until it was used up. They didn't take it back.  I made sure to stock up on pantry foods before it ended, though.  It can be really tough at that stage.  I called my mom crying once because my DD wanted string cheese and I couldn't afford it.  But now after a couple raises and another income we can afford food just fine without the stresses

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I'm hoping we won't. Ill stock up just in case though.

Quoting AprilDJC:

Stock up. But just because he gets a job doesn't mean you won't qualify at all. I brought home $1300 a month and still qualifies for $440 a month (family of 4).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)