Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

shutter island?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
How does it end?
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Not how you expect.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I played the game and it sucked
So what happens?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Not how you expect.

luvmylife25
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Total mind fuck
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Watch it......

Quoting silverdawn99:

I played the game and it sucked
So what happens?

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Not how you expect.

Photobucket

Anonandon
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I don't remember I was half asleep. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuirkyMom26

Leo isn't a detective, he's a crazy fuck.

emmypaige
Ugh DH guessed the ending in the theater, and ruined it for me. I can't like the movie now.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM

If you really want to know, it turns out that the detective guy is insane, years earlier his wife drowned their children and he killed her, and to protect his mind from all of that he imagined this fantasy world and was sentenced to stay at the institution. The doctor decides to let him play out his fantasy of being a detective to see if he will figure out reality on his own, which he does. The doctors then find out that hes only pretending that he knows what really happened, but he's still stuck in the fantasy and thinks that the doctors are just trying to trick him so he's going along with it so they will let him go, so they decide to lombotimize him. The viewer is left to decide if he really was crazy and all of it was in his imagination or if he was perfectally sane and the doctors were just convincing him (and the viewers) that he had imagined the whole thing to keep him from getting close to the truth.

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

This. i read the book. It was predictable for me.

Quoting lenashark:

If you really want to know, it turns out that the detective guy is insane, years earlier his wife drowned their children and he killed her, and to protect his mind from all of that he imagined this fantasy world and was sentenced to stay at the institution. The doctor decides to let him play out his fantasy of being a detective to see if he will figure out reality on his own, which he does. The doctors then find out that hes only pretending that he knows what really happened, but he's still stuck in the fantasy and thinks that the doctors are just trying to trick him so he's going along with it so they will let him go, so they decide to lombotimize him. The viewer is left to decide if he really was crazy and all of it was in his imagination or if he was perfectally sane and the doctors were just convincing him (and the viewers) that he had imagined the whole thing to keep him from getting close to the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM
That movie fucked me up. Lol damn it Leo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN