Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH mad at me because I'm a bad mom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Yep. He doesn't understand that, like adults, kids can have restless and sleepless nights too. Especially our kids since daddy works all night and they miss him. DH got home from work at 1:15am and the kids and I were cuddled up watching a movie (they just fell asleep). He immediately got upset saying I'm wrong for this. Whatever, we aren't up this late every day. They couldn't sleep, I tried warm bath, stories, calm music, quiet time. Nothing, they just can't sleep. It's not a big deal. I guess he would rather I drug them with Benadryl or some stupid shit.

Needless to say, I'm couch surfing with my babies tonight.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:51 AM

how old are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM
So did he ever call you a bad mom? I say tune him out. He had a long day. He's probably exhausted. He'll be okay. Just a little grumpy.
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Tell him if he doesn't like the way you are mom to your kids, then he can stay home and take care of the kids, while you work eight hours a day, and when you come home from work, all you have to do is eat and relax, while he gives the kids a bath, reads to them and put them to bed. Maybe he won't complain anymore, once he knows how hard it is.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM

To be honest, I would be upset if I came home at 1:15am and my son was watching a movie. Sometimes you just have to tell them good night and leave them, all of the baths, stories, movies, etc., will just keep them up longer. It's also not good for kids to fall asleep to movies. That doesn't mean I'm saying that you are a bad mom, just that I think its a poor choice and I can see where his frustration is coming from.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I do they that with my son sometimes. We snuggle on the couch, eat popcorn, and fall asleep to a movie. He will be three in August. I love our snuggle nights :) We usually also have a picnic on our living room floor on those nights. So fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM
6 and 4

Quoting Princess_s21:

how old are they?

nyxiemist
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:54 AM

What's wrong with living room camp outs with your children? We do it. We even pull their mattresses out and stay up watching movies. Your DH is no fun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This does not happen often so I don't see the hurt. We are normally on the go and don't get enough family time so if my kids genuinely can't sleep, we're going to snuggle. Their time is precious to me and we have nothing to do tomorrow.

Quoting lenashark:

To be honest, I would be upset if I came home at 1:15am and my son was watching a movie. Sometimes you just have to tell them good night and leave them, all of the baths, stories, movies, etc., will just keep them up longer. It's also not good for kids to fall asleep to movies. That doesn't mean I'm saying that you are a bad mom, just that I think its a poor choice and I can see where his frustration is coming from.

allornone
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Maybe he is jealous he didn't get the invite.

fivegirls333
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:00 AM

let's be honest.  we have all done it but at least fess up.  keeping them up is for you not them.  they should be in bed and on a schedule...sometimes they are just being so good and they are so damn cute.  if it isn't a pattern i would tell him to piss off.  if it is?  he probably misses YOU.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)